[BBC News] Pyramid coin launches on island

Newsbot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pyramids, especially with the 'eye of providence' in them, feature very prominently in Masonic rituals. In Freemasonry the glowing pyramid and eye represents the so-called Great Architect of the Universe or the Supreme Being, both epithets for God.

Ooooh! Yes! A conspiracy theory! :ph34r:

A 3 sided pyramid has a rather tenuous link to the 3 legs surely. Except of course a pyramid has four sides, or is it eight????

I suppose some distant relative of a Mr Carter living here swung it though.

I am still unsure as to why the Isle of Man issued Harry Potter coins, or was it stamps? Maybe Harry's great great auntie spent a holiday here or something.

The best coin was the one with a computer on it. I remember about 10-12 years ago when the Isle of Man discovered these computery things "Hey wowww!!! It's like a typewriter except it's more like a television". So they issued a coin.

Tutankhamun and The Golden Age of The Pharaohs shows a new display of 3,000-year-old artefacts excavated from King Tut's tomb.

More than 130 items are on display, in the first exhibition of its kind to be held in the UK for 35 years.

I think I'm onto something here.

It is most appropriate that these coins will be issued by the Isle of Man Government since Howard Carter’s great nephew is a well known resident of the island. Furthermore, by drawing a line from each point of the Isle of Man’s Triskelion symbol, the most iconic symbol of Egypt is revealed – the Pyramid!

Agggghhhhhhhh!

I await the release of an enormous selection of coins in the shape of a Terracotta Army. After all, there's a Chinese man living above the local takeaway. He even works evenings downstairs.

The Queens beaten you to it. The Royal Mint does terracotta army coins, £225 for 4.

Archived