[BBC News] Pyramid coin launches on island

Newsbot

I await the release of an enormous selection of coins in the shape of a Terracotta Army. After all, there's a Chinese man living above the local takeaway. He even works evenings downstairs.

The Queens beaten you to it. The Royal Mint does terracotta army coins, £225 for 4.

The Queen beating Keyboarder ? I'd pay to watch that...

...GOMH*...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I await the release of an enormous selection of coins in the shape of a Terracotta Army. After all, there's a Chinese man living above the local takeaway. He even works evenings downstairs.

As opposed to a certain Eastern European shop where, allegedly, they work evenings upstairs!

The Queen beating Keyboarder ? I'd pay to watch that...

...GOMH*...

Course you would. You're probably used to paying queens for stuff.

I must admit...they do a craking Sunday Roast for £ 6-95...

...GOMH*...

...PS Fill yer boots with gags about "roasting" now. You know you can't help youeself...

Local journalists ? Speaking off...I was amused to see one of our local hacks attept at the facebook IQ Test. He scored 93. Which is considerably below the accepted mean of 110.

Apropos of bugger all. obviously...

...GOMH*...

...PS HINT JQ *tut tut* ...

Don't think I've taken one of them, young man. But then, as you know, bit of a thicko, so probably forgotten all about it...

What a stupid irrelevant idea for a coin. (and it's a triangle, not a pyramid) And the exhibition isn't even coming to the island. What is the point of this seemingly randomly inspired project?

It's not a triangle, a triangles is a 2D shape. More likely a rectangular based prism.

Looks like a very small Ningi to me.

Let's have some numbers here;

How much was it to produce this coin?;

How much to repair the Queens Pier?;

How much to underwrite the Peel Bay Festival?;

How much is anticipated it will earn the island?;

How much did the wife of the chairman of MEB claim for travelling expenses for the last 4 years before he left his post~?

I think these may be in order, anyone know different?

Let's have some numbers here;

How much was it to produce this coin?;

How much to repair the Queens Pier?;

How much to underwrite the Peel Bay Festival?;

How much is anticipated it will earn the island?;

How much did the wife of the chairman of MEB claim for travelling expenses for the last 4 years before he left his post~?

I think these may be in order, anyone know different?

Four hundred thousand of these "pyramid coins". That's how much they were.

post-1130-1196973272_thumb.jpg

Can you pay for pyramid schemes with these?

(sorry)

Silliness aside, why don't the gov actually encourage things like this, unique and only actually any good in the island?

Some ideas;

Absolutely personalised number plates. Anything that's not too rude and charge £2000 a time. All proceeds to the queens pier of course;

Individualised addresses, just put 'John's house, IOM on a letter and it gets to them, Same price and conditions of course;

Personalised phone numbers, The bishop would be 666666, Alan Bell 101010 etc;

You get the drift.

Any other ideas?

Because their not interested in saving Queens pier, if they were they'd have done something by now...

So working on those stats, they could create a coin with a picture of the queens pier, £12 a piece with £11 at least going to the "save the pier" fund....., but they won't.

Archived