[BBC News] Pyramid coin launches on island

Newsbot

Because their not interested in saving Queens pier, if they were they'd have done something by now...

So working on those stats, they could create a coin with a picture of the queens pier, £12 a piece with £11 at least going to the "save the pier" fund....., but they won't.

Nice one! That is a very good idea. I would be only too pleased to buy such a coin if I knew the profit was going to such a cause.

Where does all the profit for these Manx pyramid coins go - straight into the Government coffers?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Local journalists ? Speaking off...I was amused to see one of our local hacks attept at the facebook IQ Test. He scored 93. Which is considerably below the accepted mean of 110.

Apropos of bugger all. obviously...

...GOMH*...

...PS HINT JQ *tut tut* ...

Don't think I've taken one of them, young man. But then, as you know, bit of a thicko, so probably forgotten all about it...

Maybe some drunken fingers stumbled through it, Sir ? I was particularly shocked at your score seeing as I awlways remember you at St Marys as being sharper than most.

Which maybe ain't saying much, thinking on !...

...GOMH*...

If I was sharper than most, then god help them...

I'd probably be quite happy with a score of 93.

But, nope, can't see anything on me facebook profile to suggest I've taken an IQ test. A Goldeneye movie quiz, yes.

Thinking about it, how come you can see my facebook when you ain't a 'facebook friend' (yet.. ;) )?

If I was sharper than most, then god help them...

I'd probably be quite happy with a score of 93.

But, nope, can't see anything on me facebook profile to suggest I've taken an IQ test. A Goldeneye movie quiz, yes.

Thinking about it, how come you can see my facebook when you ain't a 'facebook friend' (yet.. ;) )?

PUBLIC APOLOGY

Wrong John Quirk !

Sorry, JQ. Who looks the buffoon now ? :rolleyes: ...

...GOMH*...

This coin is just a little collectors item for the Freemasons.

They are probably the only people intrested in the 3 sided coin and will probably be the main buyer of it.

Like another poster said the profit from the coins they make should go toward a charity same with the stamps every year have a different charity.

I personally have no problems with the freemasons, i think what they do is probably no worse than the likes of the golf, football etc clubs.

This coin is just a little collectors item for the Freemasons.

They are probably the only people intrested in the 3 sided coin and will probably be the main buyer of it.

Oh I dunno, I think it could appeal to the tinfoil hat brigade too - check out this triangular beauty:-

post-72-1197141126_thumb.jpg

What a stupid irrelevant idea for a coin. (and it's a triangle, not a pyramid) And the exhibition isn't even coming to the island. What is the point of this seemingly randomly inspired project?

There's no point at all. But it's brilliant and I want one.

The only real point to it all is that the Manx Treasury gets to make shit loads of cash from coin collector around the world and also from people who just think the coin looks cool.

Archived