Festive Advice From Police

%age

Manx Radio

Whereas I can't deny that this is all good advice, the onus is put back onto the potential victim. If you don't lock your door - tough pal.

Neighbours had some youths enter their house and steal some Christmas presents including a computer and cash. They were seen and the names given to the police. Another neighbour's kid knew who they were.

It turns out they were known to the police who simply said they wouldn't get anything out of them. They didn't even fucken try.

Happy Christmas.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should have said one of the items stolen was a cake or a pie and that the coppers could go halvesies if they tracked it down.

I'm sure they would have got off their fat arses then

Maybe you lot should get a grip on reality, or have a go yourselves. I think the Police are always looking for Specials or volunteers. If you think you could do a better job, you don't you join andshow them how to do it!

Maybe you lot should get a grip on reality, or have a go yourselves. I think the Police are always looking for Specials or volunteers. If you think you could do a better job, you don't you join andshow them how to do it!

Hmmmmm.... is that more 'Festive Advice From the Police?'

All of us? We'd need a very big police car.

Whilst I'm not connected to the police in any way, I feel that %ages assertion at the start of this thread must only tell part of the story.

I may be naive, but I simply don't believe that a major theft could take place, witnesses come forward with names and addresses and the cops do nothing. Doesn't compute.

If it IS true, I suggest the victims write to the new Chief Constable and repeat their story.

Cash was stolen. That was a present too. A number of brand new £20 notes.

My neighbours could even provide the numbers of the notes as they still had other brand new notes from the same bank transaction.

One of the (suspected) thieves was known to have come back to the care home with an unusually sizeable amount of cash.

The police apparently did nothing.

Nothing.

hmc posted this:

What an enfuriating and crass statement.

Manx Radio

Whereas I can't deny that this is all good advice, the onus is put back onto the potential victim. If you don't lock your door - tough pal.

Neighbours had some youths enter their house and steal some Christmas presents including a computer and cash. They were seen and the names given to the police. Another neighbour's kid knew who they were.

It turns out they were known to the police who simply said they wouldn't get anything out of them. They didn't even fucken try.

Happy Christmas.

This is simply unacceptable if the facts are true. Your neighbour (or you) must report this officially or the same thing will happen again and again. If no action is taken, then you or your neighbour become part of the problem due to being inactive. There is no point just sounding off through this forum. Please try and make a difference, the Manx tax paying public deserve better.

'The Island' still enjoys an enviable (by UK standards) low level of crime but complacency, from both public and police, is a danger. Petty crime needs to be stamped down on hard from the outset and if the new chief Constable wants to make a mark with full public support, then 'Zero Tolerance' is the name of the game. That will also entail kicking the asses of a minority of his staff.

As I suspected Holmes, far from doing nothing, the boys in blue are VERY interested.

If this was the burglary in Anagh Coar, DC 225 Bobby Syme is appealing for information on 675190.

Or Crimestoppers is completely anonymous if you fear repercussions on 0800 555111.

No. This is a different one.

The case I mentioned happened within the last few years.

We really wish the police had been interested, they weren't. I am sorry to say again - they did nothing.

To add insult to injury and to pour salt into a very deep wound there was a follow up standard "How did we do?" type letter.

Archived