Festive Advice From Police

%age

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Lech Walesa, Margaret Sanger, Trotsky, Che.....I don't think we are gong to see %age and homarus up there this week.

Are we gonna see your name there then ? Now that you talk so well about it :rolleyes:

My friend ,you have the right name ! but you really need to WAKE UP! to the reality of what goes on ,in this Island when, for whatever reason the ordinary man in the street is unlucky enough to fall foul of the powers that be ! Hopefully you or your family will never have to go through any of the experiences mentioned already on this topic ,but if by any misfortune you do, you may realise what a total load of bollocks you are coming out with?

But I really sincerly want to thank you for allowing me to get on my soapbox to bring this subject to the attention of the

9,000+? members/viewers of this forum as negative publicity is the only way to bring these people to heel ,and as

Unfortunatley they pretty much own most of the local media, forums such as this ,are in a lot of cases the only way you can bring their misdemeanours to the attention of the general public .

P.s just for the record ,I have been involved with various youth/volunteer projects over the years and still am!

' WAKE UP CALL' once again I thank you !keep up the good work . :D

To back up Homarus's experience of taking on a government department

I submitted a petition of grievance to Tynwald which was taken up and put before a select committee

The committee found in my favour and ruled that the DOT should change it's policy in this matter and pay me compensation for the loss I had suffered as a result of their incompeticence

That was seven years ago and since then FUCK ALL has changed

Sooner or later you will realise that politicians are powerless and the real clout lies with the lazy arrogant overpaid civil service bosses

Get yourself an AK47 if you really want to have an effect

Cheeky boy - sounds odd that the ruling was in your favour and you didn't get anything.

As for the bigger picture, just take a moment to think about the publicity and drive that we have just seen about the Peel Bay Festival. It has been platformed into a huge news story, petitions and politicians a plenty for what? A pop concert that will be enjoyed by many but it will be over in less than a week. The issue has probably been driven by one or a handful of individuals and it has captured the attention of everybody here and this is purely about entertainment. What would happen if the same drive was applied over some serious issues? (Monopolies and price fixing on the Island, Government wastage, road death, MLC farce, local green policy etc)

'Nothing' I hear you say........perhaps a serious political party energised by the people erm... for the people would do the job? I like the sound of the Manx Forum Freedom Fighters, I can convert the Triumph Dolomite into a kind of mini tank with some green paint and panelling, Cheeky boy, bring along your AK47 and we can meet on Revolution Square at the back of Regent Street at 11am, hold a rally, storm the house and be we will be drinking Vladivostok's finest vodka out of Hovis' tea mug by lunchtime. (Hang on, shall we leave it till after Christmas? The traffic down Douglas is a nightmare and you can never get a parking space, not for a tank anyway.....Maybe next year eh?)

I like the sound of the Manx Forum Freedom Fighters, I can convert the Triumph Dolomite into a kind of mini tank with some green paint and panelling, Cheeky boy, bring along your AK47 and we can meet on Revolution Square at the back of Regent Street at 11am, hold a rally, storm the house and be we will be drinking Vladivostok's finest vodka out of Hovis' tea mug by lunchtime. (Hang on, shall we leave it till after Christmas? The traffic down Douglas is a nightmare and you can never get a parking space, not for a tank anyway.....Maybe next year eh?)

citizensmith.jpg

Archived