[BBC News] Plans to transform town submitted

Newsbot

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they listened to the calls for skyscrapers and rollercoasters we voiced in the Where is Ripe for Development thread ages ago.

Chances are though that the plan will revolve around installing tacky futuristic bollards on the pavements, a crappy fountain or some other decorative gesture, and a giving the buildings a lick of paint.

I hope they listened to the calls for skyscrapers and rollercoasters we voiced in the Where is Ripe for Development thread ages ago.

yep, that was a classic..

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18531

I still like my idea - it even has that most important monorail, right at the seafront:

disneylanduw1.jpg

I remember going to see a nice pretty model and a project called 'Douglas 2000'. How excited was I - but I'm still waiting.... there isn't even a fecking bus station.

It's like 'Space 1999' - it never turned out like the TV series in 1999 and was a huge dissapointment. Although I did meet a girl who turned into an animal in the bedroom.

It's like 'Space 1999' - it never turned out like the TV series in 1999 and was a huge dissapointment. Although I did meet a girl who turned into an animal in the bedroom.

That's what happens when you go on holiday in Wales...

Archived