[BBC News] Plans to transform town submitted

Newsbot

Anywhere.

There's absolutely no demand/need/use for one, ergo at least one must be bought at great expense following a consultants report etc.........

www.skilifts.org seems a good place to start.

Naturally several high powered manx delegations should be despatched around the globe on fact finding missions before buying the most unsuitable and expensive one.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember going to see a nice pretty model and a project called 'Douglas 2000'. How excited was I - but I'm still waiting.... there isn't even a fecking bus station.

I remember that model, wasn't it displayed in the mall for a while? Anyway, the Douglas Developmentalizationalmental Partnership are apparently pretty much the same people who brought us Douglas 2000 - Visions of a Future You'll Never See, so it'll probably have the same outcome: Great models, much anticipation, little real change (apart from a rubbish placcy seagull hanging from futuristic space gallows, and those illuminated railings that look like they were once part of the bar in a shite nightclub in Luton).

monorail monorail monorail

What about a monorail from Douglas to Liverpool? Then you never need worry about having to use the Steam Packet again? :cool:

OK, building the track may be a tad tricky... :blink:

I'd prefer a rocket powered ski lift like contraption that hurtles over the sea attached to a wire slung between the Island and Liverpool, but I suppose a trans-irish sea monorail would still be pretty cool.

What about a monorail from Douglas to Liverpool? Then you never need worry about having to use the Steam Packet again? :cool:

I'd prefer a rocket powered ski lift like contraption that hurtles over the sea attached to a wire slung between the Island and Liverpool, but I suppose a trans-irish sea monorail would still be pretty cool.

Years ago David Martin MHK suggested a tunnel link - why not!!

Years ago David Martin MHK suggested a tunnel link - why not!!

knowing our luck, the tunnel will be owned by the IOM Steam Racket, where we travel for hours and still pay over the top prices! :P

Just suspend the rail between towers, each of which has a wind turbine on top. All the energy harnessed from the hundreds of turbines would power the monorail, the entire Island with the remainder sold to the UK.

Actually, that is too close to being a good idea so it will not happen.

Just suspend the rail between towers, each of which has a wind turbine on top. All the energy harnessed from the hundreds of turbines would power the monorail, the entire Island with the remainder sold to the UK.

Actually, that is too close to being a good idea so it will not happen.

That would probably be more expensive than the tunnel idea.

My personal choice would be a two mile tall radio mast and a zipline. No carbon footprint for the greenies then.

Archived