Cyber Bullying

Grianane

How about another spin, do the teachers never go into the staff room and rant what a sod the kid they've just taught is?

Undoubtably, but I doubt they make groups on the internet dedicated to slagging that kid off in public.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're kids. They're childish. That is what kids are. Here you seem to have a classic case of someone taking the hump because 13 years olds have made childish comments on the internet. I'm sorry but that is what 13 year olds do. You also mention that they should use the proper channels to complain - what do you suggest? Writing to their MHK? Doing a "Mr Angry" letter to the Examiner? Doing a full report for OFSTED?

Ah well... I've made my point.

You may well turn a blind eye to all this "childish" behaviour... but you have only yourselves to blame for the society today in which youths are becoming increasingly abusive, destructive and violent.

Of course a child is childish, it's the parents job/duty to educate them and teach them manners. The help from a school is a bonus, that's all. It's the parents responsibility.

DjDan is so right here. There do seem to be more abusive, destructive and violent youths about. All they seem to have learn't is how to play the system and avoid any real punishment.

I'm not suggesting that things are out of control, just far worse than they were. Most people only need to be involved in, (or even witness,) one nasty incident, for them to remember for a long time.

But have they "effectively published defamatory comments"? I don't get the use of effectively, either they've published or they haven't. I think that it is indeed publication, a grey zone i'll agree but if they're not published then they can't exactly be sued for libel so then do you try and claim slander in some kind of weird "transient publication" in the same way that speech is transient publication?

The next question is if they were actually defamatory, as has been stated it's the kind of toilet wall scribbling bus gossip stuff so it wouldn't damage the reputation of the teacher in question.

I effectively agree. ;) And since when isn't it toilet wall scribbling harmful.

Archived