Retro Thread

flint

I find the lack of retro talk most displeasing, Does anyone play and collect old games?, I'm more of a SNES collectorish, I own a poo load of (decent) Psone, N64 and Dreamcast games.

There most be collectors out there, somebody is buying the decent (very rarely seen) psone games that get sold to Faze 2 every so often.

I've also got a pile of old videogames mags date back to the very early 90s.

I've stuck 'PocketClive' on my Ipaq to relive some of the old speccy classics - Jet Set Willy, Underwurlde, Manic Miner etc.

Fire up UAE on the PC every now & then to have a blast at some of my old Amiga favourites - Syndicate, Frontier, Cannon Fodder et al.

I love retro games. I used to own a proper Killer Instinct arcade machine which was really ace, and saved me a bloody fortune, but eventually it broke and I couldn't find anyone to fix it.

Nemesis was also a favourite, spent many a happy hour down the arcade in Dundee plying it with 10p's.

I also used to love playing Point Blank. Really addictive and could play that for hours.

I have a MAME emulator now, and spend most of the time playing Pang, Scramble and International Track and Field.

I knew there was some retro gamers out there!

Does anyone try and find old games on ebay they may have miss back in the day? I've managed to get hold of some classic Saturn games and an RPG for the Snes I've been after since 1996!

Have:

Sinclair Spectrum

Dreamcast

Virtual Boy

N64

PS1

Wii

DS

PSP

PS3

GP2X

Nintendo Game and Watch

Had:

CD-i

amiga 600+

master system

Megadrive + mega CD

NES + Disk drive

SNES

Saturn

Jaguar

Lynx

Game Gear

Game Boy

Wonderswan

Neo Geo

Think thats the lot lol

Currently I've got:

PS1

PS2

PS3

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Dreamcast

Xbox

DS

PSP

Not all retro obviously, but some of the games I love the most are old ones.

In particular, old versions of Mariokart (Snes & N64), Streetfighter2 turbo, waverace (N64 and GC versions)

Tekken2 on the PS1

Soul Caliber, Sega Bass, and Toy Commander on the Dreamcast

The games I enjoy the most are relatively simple ones that can provide a nailbiting and swear-filled head to head challenge after bragging about who's best following a few beers. :)

Archived