Panic And Panic Buy Tins!

Mutley

Sellafield employee arrested after bomb found

Police in England have arrested a man who is employed as a contract worker at the Sellafield nuclear plant. The man was taken into custody following the discovery of a bomb in his house in Cumbria. Explosive experts made the package safe on Monday afternoon.

From Irish Independent

Also made the BBC yesterday.

Jeebus - wouldn't it be better to stock up on spare shreddies? - the consequences of this begger belief - plus the guy isn't (an obvious) rag-head either.

Who knows, given the geography he could even be 'hiding' over here?

...though my money is on them never finding him and that it's really a government plot to try to get ID cards back on the table.

Am I right in assuming there's less energy, carbon footprint etc etc in using cardboard instead of metal or does the production process negate this?

Am I right in assuming there's less energy, carbon footprint etc etc in using cardboard instead of metal or does the production process negate this?

There's an article on the bbc website about the carbon footprint of producing Christmas dinner...

I'm astonished that the 'green issue' is hijcking a thread about a man who works at Sellafield making a bomb. I mean, the danger of having a nuclear power station that is, what, 70 miles away? Blowing up is more concerning to me than the fact a tin can has a bigger carbon footprint than a cardboard box.

the guy isn't (an obvious) rag-head either.

Racist.

not at all, AT hate's everyone the same.

Succinctly put - you ****! :lol:

I was of course referring only to those fundamenalist idiots who have made it their mission to try and kill us. One of them employed in Sellafield - armed with a bomb - and I can guarantee my loose terminology would be seen as mild.

Remember the size of a "dirty bomb and its target" greatly affect its impact. The decontamination costs and the potential long and short term health costs could run into millions of pounds. The potential to wreak economic harm is genuinely significant, with substantial knock-on effects on tourism, trade, businesses, property values and agriculture. In short, with the island being so close, the consequences of 'damage' to our economy would be significant IMO - and the IOM government should be asking some serious questions at present IMO.

Archived