[BBC News] Planning committee member sought

Newsbot

The Society for the Preservation of the Manx Countryside and Environment is looking for a new Honorary Planning Officer as the present incumbent is retiring. Anyone who is interested please contact me through the Forum message board.

The Society for the Preservation of the Manx Countryside and Environment is looking for a new Honorary Planning Officer as the present incumbent is retiring. Anyone who is interested please contact me through the Forum message board.

I would love the job but unfortunately I pissed that lot off when I replaced my 1970s aluminium shop front with a Georgian style one made from reclaimed pitch pine

The new shop front was historically correct and was the result of careful research into properties in that area in the Manx Museum archive

The SPMC&E along with the Victorian society objected because it wasn't Victiorian enough,

Perhaps they don't do Georgian

The Society pays the present Hon. Planning Officer a small honorarium. Personal interests must be declared.

Future arrangements regarding an honorarium would be subject to negotiation.

If anyone is interested please get in touch. I am not interested in past spats as planning issues are often controversial. My view is that we must change with the times whilst retaining the intrinsic beauty and characteristics of the Manx countryide and providing reasonable homes for people. As far as I am aware this is a view which most of our present members would accept.

Archived