Gt5 Prologue

ade

Looks like ur the only one that thinks racers have moved on in fact. it sounds like its at the pinnacle of all racers.

and u can forget on the rail physics. if u ever play it, u will notice the cars taking different lines depending on where u are in relation to them.

Heh, turns out the Famitsu score was faked, the mag hasn't reviewed GT Prologue at all!

Looks like ur the only one that thinks racers have moved on in fact. it sounds like its at the pinnacle of all racers.

Listen, it looks nice as I said, but the fanboyism for this game is crazy. It's a full priced demo, it's missing a lot of stuff like damage and weather that other racers have added since GT ruled the world, and I recon racers have moved on. It's got no online stuff yet either I notice. I think it speaks volumes about the lineup on the ps3 that folks are prepared to pay these prices for a demo!

IGN had a bit of a bleat about the graphics too:

"there are still a few technical shortcomings. The London track in particular suffers from some pretty noticeable screen tearing. Some of the effects used in replays look a bit unpolished as well"

and u can forget on the rail physics. if u ever play it, u will notice the cars taking different lines depending on where u are in relation to them.

That's not what I mean, I mean the impact physics. There don't appear to be any, like the other gt games, making it yet another bumper car simulator with pretty graphics. Lots of reports of weak AI too. Listen, you seem to be a pretty shallow guy, I'm sure the pretty graphics get you off, but me, I want more.

Now, Wipeout HD, that looks bloody good.

That's not what I mean, I mean the impact physics. There don't appear to be any, like the other gt games, making it yet another bumper car simulator with pretty graphics. Lots of reports of weak AI too. Listen, you seem to be a pretty shallow guy, I'm sure the pretty graphics get you off, but me, I want more.

Insults again droid.. tsk.. ... :lol:

Anywho. Racing games is the genre i love the most. You dont even play forza ffs. u should stick to areas u know about like.... . high school musical on the wii. :P

gt is about car dynamics.. It has always been the best for this. You wont get a closer simulation of driving a car on consoles than gran turismos. Just go back and look at seb loeb racing that lemans car on gt4. As a racing game fan, crash damage is a nice bit of eye candy. but thats about it.

When your good at racing games you dont crash. so why bother with having impact physics?. In conclusion I wouldnt say no to some but if it was a tossup between that or having the best car dynamics possible..

ill have the later thank u.

i personally love the more arcadey feel of the PGR series ( although I loved Forza and still do ), but this really does look stunning, if I could employ someone to take a car and set it up I'd be happy. ( I don't drive and don't know anything about gear ratios, brake bias etc etc whatever whatever ) but this looks fookin brilliant..

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_5668_en.html

Should be able to give a more indetail view tomorrow.

Just bought a 5000 yen ticket off ebay so can download it from the jap store tomorrow.

On avforums the gamers there (unbiased ones that is) are absolutely raving about it. Saying its the best racer ever and most of them are heavy forza2 fans .

Insults again droid.. tsk.. ... :lol:

I'm not insulting you, I'm just calling it how it is. You seem to be blown away by graphics alone, we've seen a few examples of it.

Anywho. Racing games is the genre i love the most. You dont even play forza ffs. u should stick to areas u know about like.... . high school musical on the wii. :P

gt is about car dynamics.. It has always been the best for this. You wont get a closer simulation of driving a car on consoles than gran turismos. Just go back and look at seb loeb racing that lemans car on gt4. As a racing game fan, crash damage is a nice bit of eye candy. but thats about it.

When your good at racing games you dont crash. so why bother with having impact physics?. In conclusion I wouldnt say no to some but if it was a tossup between that or having the best car dynamics possible..

ill have the later thank u.

Play forza plenty ta, and all the previous GT games, PGR games, most of the F1 games around. I like driving games plenty, and GT has always been about the car models and the tweaking rather than the physics and AI. The GT Car physics aren't realistic at all, if you want to see realistic car dynamics try Live For Speed on the PC. Crash damage is more than eye candy, but I'm not limited to that, there's no danger in GT, there's no consequence to fucking up, so you just charge down a straight, use another car as a brake and dodgem your way round the course. The visuals are stunning, but until they fix that, GT remains firmly last gen racing.

I'm not insulting you, I'm just calling it how it is. You seem to be blown away by graphics alone, we've seen a few examples of it.

3 things here.

1. Calling me shallow is insulting me. (not that i give a sh1t)

2. your not calling it HOW it is. your calling it as you think it is. (which is wrong as usual)

3. wat examples are these then.... wud it be my gh3 as 2nd best game of 2007..... oh hmmmm..... :rolleyes: fecking brainiac.

3 things here.

1. Calling me shallow is insulting me. (not that i give a sh1t)

2. your not calling it HOW it is. your calling it as you think it is. (which is wrong as usual)

3. wat examples are these then.... wud it be my gh3 as 2nd best game of 2007..... oh hmmmm..... :rolleyes: fecking brainiac.

GT5 is GTA4 with nice graphics. That's simply how it is, at least until they add online play. The rest hasn't really moved on at all, it's on rails, it's got average AI, there's no damage model. I've seen you get excited about visuals before, so I recon you're pretty shallow when it comes to games. Games like GT5 and Drakes are good, but they're not really advancing anything other than graphics.

Best game of the year is Mario Galaxy, and that's got fuck all to do with visuals.

not according to the manx forum its not. think most votes went to cod4. unlucky :D

anyways back on topic.

have played about 2 hours. only with joypad so far but wow, i agree with people on avforums this is the best racing game. Shill i hope u have a ps3!!

theres 5 tracks (10 with variations)

internal view is perfect and im using it exclusively. (never liked the pgr internal views)

turning all aidsoff and putting it in professional mode and it handles perfect. only tried the integra and lancer x so far like.

my only gripe so far is i cant find where my lap times are or if there is a time trial option.

Well Ive played it with my driving force wheel now and it is the best handling in a car game ive ever seen. (richard burns rally a close second)

It is unbelievable.

I love forza2 but this blows it out the water. (obviously not for longevity at the moment with it only being a prologue)

The Ai is brilliant. Ive never had such excellent tussels going into corners. They block your line or force you on the outside .. there is definately none of this on the rails cr4p that is a fact.

Also you cant go crashing into cars and use them for brakes as droid likes to do as you get a 4 second low power penalty.

I cant get off it. I wish i knew japanese tho so I could understand all the info on it.

If anyone is thinking about getting gt5p. They are releasing a free bolton on christmas day which includes 16 player online play. Online leaderboards. Full time trial mode. and some other bits and bobs.

Bargain for 20 quid i reckon.

Archived