Console Storage?

Cret

I'm sure there are a good few people who have quite a few games consoles (due to keeping older ones instead of flogging them after their glory days for a pittance), and I'm wondering how other people have them set up?

What I mean is, a good few of my ones hardly see the light of day as I don't have something that will house them all neatly, along with a controller or two for each one so that you can just pick up & play on any machine.

At present it's a bit of a case of 'out of sight, out of mind', whereas it'd be much better if they're all ready to go without pissing about digging them out then trying to remember what channel I have to set the telly for one machine & is there a spare scart for another, then clean the dust off & dig out controllers etc...

I suppose I could just buy something like glass tv/video stand but has anyone ever seen something that would house say 7 or 8 consoles, some controllers/games and look tidy with it? Problem I suppose is they're all different shapes & sizes, and some are toploaders, some have a drawer etc.

Just wondered basically how other people have theirs if they have more than a couple of games machines (as I think that's probably quite a lot of people).

Hmmm, could be a start but I'm not sure.

I suppose possibly you could have something where the outside dimensions are the same but it's designed so there are different versions that suit various consoles.

That way you could lash a load of modular bits together and have it slightly more organised/practical than just bunging a load on a shelf.

I think from the look of that one it's just a sort of generic one isn't it?

Smaller machines would no doubt go in it but probably look weird if it's not designed for each one.

Perhaps you could use it as a blueprint for your own version? It doesn't seem impossible to make, and if you made it yourself you'd be able to add console specific stuff. Oh and by the looks of that thing i doubt a ps3 or 360 would fit in it so if you have one of them (or intend to in the future) it'd be a bit defunct.

Had 360, now have PS3 (although I'd still like to get another 360 and Wii again at some point).

Other ones to add in are:

PS1

PS2

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Dreamcast

Xbox

Not certain about adding PS1 yet as the PS2 can play its games but why not seeing as it's there anyway.

I'm sort of thinking I'll have to make something myself in the end, but if someone comes up with some nice CDT style perspective drawings for potentially cunning designs I won't complain. :D

I can't help you there. Although i did once make a funky game storage unit out of a shoebox and wrapping paper!

Have you thought about just getting a small set of drawers and then drilling holes where necessary?

Might not be a bad idea actually - will give it some thought, cheers.

I think from scratch would be better though as the 'drawer' sizes would be more in keeping with the dimensions of each machine.

what about... a unit that goes up the wall and each console has it's own slot... with! a tube/casing down the back to hide the wires?

Not a bad idea Dev - I suppose on the shelves for narrower machines you can have space at the sides for a pad or two or a few of the better games maybe.

Only issue might be machines higher up will have controller cables hanging down so when there's tension on the cable in use, they might come out a bit too easily.

Mr Saus - that's absolutely ace. Still, it'd all get a bit crowded if they all got lashed into things like that.

Excellent find though. :)

Archived