Call To Put Tram Horses In Nappies

Minxie

TRAM horses could be fitted with nappies in a bid to keep Douglas promenades clear of their droppings.

Council leader David Christian (Hills) put forward the suggestion at last week's council meeting in a bid to save money and keep the town clean.

full story

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TRAM horses could be fitted with nappies in a bid to keep Douglas promenades clear of their droppings.

Council leader David Christian (Hills) put forward the suggestion at last week's council meeting in a bid to save money and keep the town clean.

Golden opportunity missed there for the headline "David Christian talks shit".

What a genius! Can't we get him involved in sorting out the middle east crisis somehow?

Smoking conductors are the least of the problems - ever stood behind a horse when it farted?

Initial reaction is what a daft sight that would be but I have to be honest here that I am inclined to agree with Keyboarder (yes I know) that large piles of horse crap isn't a very pleasant thing on the prom.

Or on any other roads for that matter. I appreciate it's nowhere near as noxious as turd from other animals but it's still not specially nice, and if it can be put to use elsewhere then why not.

Why not have a 'crap trap' behind the 'orse and before the cart? Emptied at the stable end when needed. Im sure some enterprising 6th former could knock one up in D and T.

As for standing behind a farting horse, never tried it ... and I dont think I ever would with a lit fag!

Why not have a 'crap trap' behind the 'orse and before the cart? Emptied at the stable end when needed. Im sure some enterprising 6th former could knock one up in D and T.

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere before. The best way I can describe it is a "crap hammock" suspended midway between arse and floor.

Edit: Just seen this contraption.post-96-1197642466_thumb.jpg

I think considering that horses are up and down the prom all day its kept very clean with the corporation cleaner cleaning the road. Dont see what the problem is. They outa sort out the awful smell near the old summerland coming off the beach wouldnt like to say what that smells of.

i cant see anyone even tourists wanting to pay money to sit behind a horse with a big bag shit under its belly on a tram on a warm summers day and then what about the drivers dont think they will be keen on this idea........... the trams and the horses have been here for years and i hope they stay

talking of Big Bags of Shit has anyone seen keyboarder i've heard a rumor that involves him :o

Archived