Call To Put Tram Horses In Nappies

Minxie

Why not have a 'crap trap' behind the 'orse and before the cart? Emptied at the stable end when needed. Im sure some enterprising 6th former could knock one up in D and T.

As for standing behind a farting horse, never tried it ... and I dont think I ever would with a lit fag!

Ideal project for MANX EXECUTIVE CHALLENGE 2008

A real problem that needs solving.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are in use in a lot of places worldwide, where horse transport is provided, and a lot of places require them. There is no reason why our horses should not be trained to carry nappies, and it would save a lot of the mess. Can the local street walking nags carry them too, and dogs - now that would be a good idea!!

I suppose the closest would be Blackpool, where they are trying out a new design - see http://tiny.cc/LodAD

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get the town councillors to follow the horses and shovel it up? It would also give them something to do - and the opportunity to meet more Douglas residents outside of election week.

There's a problem there Albert, if the Councilors start opening their mouths, there'll be creating more crap than the horses :rolleyes:

I hope you are being sarcastic!

It is hardly a problem, you are unlikely to step in it and you normally see it being swept up pretty regularly. The main problem may well be that it could make the horses slip, which isn't good.

Gone are the days when people would follow a horse with a bucket 'for the roses'!

Mr Christian moaned that the conductors could be left off the trams as they just sit with the driver smoking, why aren't they shoveling it up as the horse trots on

The last place you want to be cleaning is behind a horse with the trots.

Unless you're a Trot-shiite!

Well, silly at it sounds, this is actually a good idea for once.....

Hopefully dogs can be the next target which are more of a problem as they are everywhere, all year round and the ignorant dog walkers think they have a right to let their animals deface the roads and pavements!

i cant believe what i am reading.

do people really not have anything better to worry about? like speeding cars through family estates? and drug abusers hanging around windsor road? and dog sh1t all the way through Allan Street, Tynwald Street and Hillside Avenue?

the horses on the trams only eat grass based foods, therefore their dung is harmless. the horses have more than enough weight to carry without carrying their own sh1te underneath them.

man up people, its not as if youre going to stand in it, and it smells miles better than the promenade anyway!

Collecting ##it - that's a great idea. Think of the money it will save, and Elvis will sing about it.

Why? Answers please!

elvis_051021125507050_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Good year for the roses

Edited to add

Sorry just noticed did Gladys get it first?

You come up smelling of roses, The Voice of Reason. Gladys is just sniffing around.

Every year will be a good year for the roses in Douglas from now on, if the RHS (Recycle Horse Sh##) plan goes ahead.

i cant believe what i am reading.

do people really not have anything better to worry about? like speeding cars through family estates? and drug abusers hanging around windsor road? and dog sh1t all the way through Allan Street, Tynwald Street and Hillside Avenue?

the horses on the trams only eat grass based foods, therefore their dung is harmless. the horses have more than enough weight to carry without carrying their own sh1te underneath them.

man up people, its not as if youre going to stand in it, and it smells miles better than the promenade anyway!

Aye, I don't really see the point in any of this. Who is actually affected by any of it?

Waste of time...

If they want to do something really useful... put nappies on them seagulls! Nasty things! :o

Yeah, tbh I dont see what all the fuss is about, if they want to clean up the prom, how about taking the whores, crack addicts and 'happy slappers' off the prom of an evening, sweep them up and send them off to the incinerator.

Archived