Looking For A Bit Of Advice (wow).

WilDDog

Anyone still play or have you all packed it in?

I was playing too much and sadly packed it in.

I do find myself craving to play something similar again, Wow the first time through was excellent - I loved the sense of adventure and exploring new places.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a few Manx followers on Steamwheedle Cartel about 10 not very much but still nice to play with people I actually know probbably the reason I'm still playing I love the social aspect of it, when your running 5 mans with people you know in real life it can be real fun.

On the addiction front I would say that happened for me for about the first 3 months and then I just relaxed had fun, got a social 'real' life, and played it with my other millions of games. Just be remember it's only a game when you forget this that's when you know things are going wrong.

I've a few Manx followers on Steamwheedle Cartel about 10 not very much but still nice to play with people I actually know probbably the reason I'm still playing I love the social aspect of it, when your running 5 mans with people you know in real life it can be real fun.

On the addiction front I would say that happened for me for about the first 3 months and then I just relaxed had fun, got a social 'real' life, and played it with my other millions of games. Just be remember it's only a game when you forget this that's when you know things are going wrong.

Problem is, there comes to a point when you simply can't play it like that.

• 4 weeks later...

to be fair with so many people in the world things like that are statistically guaranteed to happen

there are millions of people who play normally and millions more who just don't get it and quit after a few days/weeks but they don't make good stories

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what is a good latency for wow? and why is it when I put the game in windowed mode everything goes really slow and times out?

Has anyone changed any settings to make the game faster, if so what did you change?

You don't need to have pinpoint latency like you do for an fps. Anything under 250 is perfectly fine and even up to 400 is playable.

It probably goes slow in Windows as you have a shite PC.

• 5 months later...

Starting playing this myself about three weeks ago, along with a few guys at work (all of us never played it before).

Having a lot of fun with it, we solo a lot of the time and quest but try and informally team up here and there to help each other out, and try to get one co-ordinated session (including Teamspeak) once per week.

All taking our time about it (highest of us is Level 21, I'm Level 20) and not getting too obsessed with it - although it is taking up 100% of my gaming time, the poor old 360 hasn't even been turned on since I got WoW.....

I can see how it can get very moreish, but it's just a question of remembering that life cannot consist entirely of a computer game :D

Did you ever get going with it WilDDog?

Did you ever get going with it WilDDog?

I did, but once I got the Xbox 360 WoW went out of the window and I can't see myself going back to it. The 360 is far better and far more addictive. :)

• 2 weeks later...
The 360 is far better and far more addictive. :)

I must beg to differ, WoW has now moved to a position of total dominance when it comes to my gaming time :D

The 360 is now a DVD player, nothing else.

My PC is now for web, emails, and WoW.

If you'd have told me a few weeks ago that I'd be excited about playing a game where stuff like Shimmering Slippers Of The Owl are interesting and desirable items, I'd have told you to piss off :lol:

Archived