How Many Mps Does It Take

Lonan3

MPs have been issued with a 10-point guide on how to change broken light bulbs in the House of Commons.

Tory MP David Davies had asked "what guidance has been issued on procedures for cleaning up and disposing of environmentally-friendly light bulbs which have been broken".

The House of Commons Commission's reply was published in Hansard and came from Liberal Democrat MP Nick Harvey.

"The instructions are that the cleaning operative, using protective gloves and wearing a mask, should collect the main fragments of the light bulb and carefully place them in a sturdy box," Mr Harvey wrote.

"All splinters should then be collected using stiff card or paper. The area should then be cleaned using a damp cloth. The splinters and the cloth should then be placed in the box.

"Once the area is clear and clean, the box should be sealed and labelled with details of the item.

"The box should then be taken to the waste removal area in the loading bay and passed to the waste disposal contractor in an appropriate manner."

Now that's what you call really earning their salaries!

*Awaits the "Tynwald Lightbulb Change & Maintenance Act 2008", as copied from the UK...*

Surely several reports from expensive outside consultants should be required as well........

*Awaits the "Tynwald Lightbulb Change & Maintenance Act 2008", as copied from the UK...*

Surely several reports from expensive outside consultants should be required as well........

Which will get lost in the post when sent to Outer Mongolia for processing :rolleyes:

I can't believe that this procedure can be considered safe, if it's carried out without eye protection. A splinter of glass could easily pierce an eyeball. Unless the mask is a full face mask.

I also think useing a brush and dustpan would be better than stiff card or paper.

Knee protectors would also be a wise move, the operative could easily kneel on a splinter of glass with horrifying consequences.

The wearing of stought, non-slip footwear would also be prudent.

They just haven't thought this through properly, the bodgers.

I can't believe that this procedure can be considered safe, if it's carried out without eye protection. A splinter of glass could easily pierce an eyeball. Unless the mask is a full face mask.

I also think useing a brush and dustpan would be better than stiff card or paper.

Knee protectors would also be a wise move, the operative could easily kneel on a splinter of glass with horrifying consequences.

The wearing of stought, non-slip footwear would also be prudent.

They just haven't thought this through properly, the bodgers.

Looks like they'll need to quickly organize and create a new management committee and call an emergency meeting in Brussels. A couple of Quangos would be appropriate in linking those committees to the executive committee and statistics would have to be collated. Ohh... sounds like a big job :P

The problem with H&S is that it is filling up the world with fucktards who would ordinarily have been shuffled off this mortal coil by their own stupidity....I think we should be looking at them as the additional burden on our planet's resources as opposed to my 4 wheel drive motor.

Ain't that the truth! One of them is even running the USA, another the UK - with the rest getting absorbed by the civil service. We need a 'culling' amnesty. Forget limiting the number of children - let's base it on all on IQ.

Archived