Manx Gas

lfc84

Do you think they'd also be interested in an establishment that insists on collecting the full fee from everyone even if they don't provide full services? And has wangled it so it's illegal to withhold the payment for the part of the service you don't receive?

I thought Bill Hogg was to do with Manx Telecom's ISP...

I had numerous problems trying to convince Manx Gas's customer services that I wasn't the previous tenant of the house I was renting, and that they should contact my landlord. 3 or 4 attempts still ended up in getting snotty letters to "the occupier" each month. I wrote a spectacularly snotty letter back and vowed never to use Gas again. I happily use oil, and have done for 3 years.

please dont let my beloved see this thread!! problems with Manx Gas is liable to send him skyrocketing into space!

We are now starting phase 2 of the fight after the corgi registered engineer came to check the work done by Primeshade did only to find - oops - you'll need to disable that gas fire madam because its not been fitted correctly and you could end up with poisonous gases in your living room....oh and by the way you can pay for any work we have to do to fix the problem that you didn't have till we came round and messed with your original gas fire....

I'd love to go on to oil, but knowing my luck the Iraquis will beat the pants off the Yanks and oil prices will go through the roof... :blink:

Might not really be for me to say as I'm a tenant but my landlord (brother) had the pr***sh*de people doing the conversion like everyone and they didn't return the house key for yonks, plus the cooker no longer lights from its own ignitor. You now have to use a lighter, and the cooker settings range between hotter than hell and just slightly less hot.

Along with the amazing continual gas price increases it really makes the bills unfunny.

A workmate of mine also got a letter from manx gas saying his boiler wasn't up to their standards after same firm did the conversion and apparently have refused to do anything even though it was their contractors that did the work. The mind boggles!

Remember a while ago there was a problem with the LPG feed to Ramsey, and it went unnoticed for long enough for the tanks to run dry, resulting in most of the households in Ramsey having no heating or hot water for several days? Think they'd never be stupid enough to be caught out again? Well think again...

The gas tanks that supply the Quoit-e-quil/Ballacannel area of Lonan, which is roughly about 75 homes do not have a mains feed to top them up like they do in Ramsey, so they have to be topped up twice a week by tanker. A couple of months ago, the driver who delivers the gas to said tanks was off sick and unfortunately no-one at Manx Gas thought to send someone else. Result - cold showers all round.

That said the engineers got it fixed double quick and we were back on that evening after the meters were reset, but management deserves a good kick up the arse for that one.

i've done many gas to oil conversions, and from what customers tell me, they save enough over 2 years to pay for the installation. when oil prices go up so do gas prices, not that the gas board would ever pass up a chance to put it up again though! problem for manx gas is, because they've set such a high cost, so many people are converting, so they couldn't afford to drop the prices now anyway, they'd go out of business. they have shot themselves in the foot, and the person who can't afford to convert to oil initially is going to pay the price, as we've seen with all the price hikes.

Archived