Mt Blackberry Users

mannin

Do you use a MT blackberry and have calls fails?

My blackberry will drop a number of inbound and outbound calls, even when I have full signal on my phone.

I have had a fault call open with MT for a while, but they have no update as yet. They are doing all they can and have been very helpful to me, but it just don't work yet.

If you experience the same problem I would ask you to do two things:

1. Contact MT on 151 and log a fault, this enable them to collect more data to assist with their fault finding process and will give them a higher number of faults to raise with their suppliers.

2. Post on here what model of BB you have and if you have logged the fault with MT.

Cheers.

Mine is the curve (8300 I think)

edited: 'cause I can't type!

I have noticed, when I get an e-mail from a BB user that it tells me so, who cares how the message was sent and do the users have to enable this function? If so could they please switch it off, I'm not impressed. If not please excuse me when I send details of my PC and it's peripherals with every e-mail.

I have noticed, when I get an e-mail from a BB user that it tells me so, who cares how the message was sent and do the users have to enable this function? If so could they please switch it off, I'm not impressed. If not please excuse me when I send details of my PC and it's peripherals with every e-mail.

Apart from the obivous publicity side of things, I think one reason why this is quite helpful is that you know not to reply with long e-mails and attachments.

When Blackberries first became the thing, I was at a seminar and, during the break, everyone was outside furiously e-mailing on their Blackberries, talking hurriedly on their mobiles responding to queries from their respective places of work or following up some very important thing which must happen even though they are not at work. I turned on my mobile and to my surprise it beeped to announce there was a voicemail, I felt quietly smug as it proved I was part of the instant communication demand that signifies your status in the business world.

So I listened to the voicemail, raising my eyes to heaven in an exasperated 'My God, only out of the office for a morning and look they need me!' kind of look to my fellow e-communicators, only to find it was a message from my daughter asking me to buy some headlice lotion. I had to call her back to say 'Yep, I'll get right on to that once I'm finished here.' and then, surreptitiously turned the bugger off and put it back in my bag.

For the OP, our BB's, all Curves have been awful the last couple of weeks. Calls disconnecting, failing to dial the lot, logged it with MT and they have done pretty much nothing about it.

As for the BB sigs, I have a modified one on our BES that does a little advertising for us. Its great :)

Archived