Wanted: Nokia 7610

the_kitty

I love Ebay, just make sure it wasnt a link you were bidding on Cret!

Nah, I've got the phone here and got it unlocked from Orange yesterday. It's the business!! Tons nicer than the P800 I had and that was a damn good phone itself.

Haven't found anything I don't like about it yet, especially considering it's set me back all in all about 200 quid instead of maybe 500 or so if I'd bought it locally.

The nokia 8210 I had was cack. Nice teeny phone but the screen went t1ts up as it did with a large number of 8210s. Fixed that but then it just kept having new problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 7610 that I paid £50 for on contract with 02 about 3 months or so ago... It a good phone, although tends to be fairly slow at times... I havent had any problems with it so far...

The 6630 is the upgrade to the 6600... similar to the 7610 aswell, but it has 1.3 megapixel instea dof the 7610's 1 megapixel...

Sony are bringing out the best phones by far at the minute... Theres a Sony 2.0 megapixel phone gona be released soon... Whatever you get, the next month theres gona be something better... Your in a no win situation... If your just looking for a good phone the 6630/7610 are both good phones... I prefer phones with big screens, Because I like to see my photos and videos...

I have the 7610 that I paid £50 for on contract with 02 about 3 months or so ago... It a good phone, although tends to be fairly slow at times... I havent had any problems with it so far...

The 6630 is the upgrade to the 6600... similar to the 7610 aswell, but it has 1.3 megapixel instea dof the 7610's 1 megapixel...

Sony are bringing out the best phones by far at the minute... Theres a Sony 2.0 megapixel phone gona be released soon... Whatever you get, the next month theres gona be something better... Your in a no win situation... If your just looking for a good phone the 6630/7610 are both good phones... I prefer phones with big screens, Because I like to see my photos and videos...

I believe that the 6630 is a 3G phone, are they compatible with MT sim cards?

If so where is the best place to get them?

What is 3G? Is that the network? - THREE? I apologise for my lack of knowledge!

I know the 6630 is avaliable on Vodafone (who are actually becoming alot better than they were! Alot more decent phones can be bought on Vodafone these days). My Manx chip doesnt work in my 02 7610 says 'sim not recognised' - so you would have to get the phone unlocked, but then again im not sure if this still will allow manx chips, but I think it should do... My friend has a Nokia handset which she bought from Vodafone and her Manx chip works in it fine... If you were in England at any point, the best bet would be to go to Vodafone, ask how much the handset will cost and ask if u can try your Manx chip in it... If it works then your sorted... If not, then Im not sure...

If your not really into connecting phones up to your PC, then I would definately go with a phone with a big screen. I used to have the 6600 and it was pretty good, I then had the small nokia that everyone seems to have? Cant remember which model. But although it has loads of stuff on it, the video and camera quality is shockingly bad. I have the 7610 and that pretty decent, each video clip can last for 10 minutes! Which is pretty decent!

If you want something amazing, then go for one of the new Sony Eriksons, by this i don't mean the K700i, because thats pretty bad... But on of the new ones - 1.3 mega pixel/big screen/big price tag...

The thing with the D500 is that its a 1.3 megapixel phone, but has a small screen... I have compared phone quality pictures and videos and the 7610 is better. The only thing that would make the d500 better is when you transfer the pics to a computer, then you will be able to see how good a 1.3 megapixel camera is... But if you can't be bothered with all that, and you just want to be able to view the photos on the phone, and you want something good, then go for a phone with a bigger screen... You will notice the difference and advantage a big screen has over a smaller screen.

Archived