Middle River Charges

Sparky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm :cool: do i detect a cunning plan ? A staged event like those eastern european protests which gets rid of the govt in power.

Need a colour or summat, like the orange revolt ===the recycle revolution perhaps?

Im Game, i will be there with a bag of token shite. [it might be shite to you but its Tells bread and butter]

January 11 is going to be fun.....

The company which operates the Eastern District Civic Amenity Site at Middle River says it won't be going anywhere on January 10, the date its contract allegely expires.

Tel's Limited is also giving a robust response to a recent assertion from the Department of Local Government and the Environment, and Douglas Corporation, that it would be illegal for it to charge for disposal services from that date.

Manx Radio

It says Tel's couldn't operate the site voluntarily, and the only option available would be to levy a small charge for each user.

Now, I'm not too clued up on the whole contract debacle (actually I am, but that's by the by), but surely it's not within the contract to be able to charge the public. That's got to be clutching at straws. Isn't it a bit like a road sweeper knocking on your door and saying "The Govt have sacked me, illegally in my opinion, so I need a fiver off everyone in this street."

They have no right whatsoever to levy charges. If Douglas Corp et al don't pay them what is contractually theirs, then their remedy is to sue Douglas Corp et al for their money. Simple as that.

They don't appear to be getting very good legal advice.

Word is that Tells have been legally advised to keep schtumm as there is a court case running, must be different type of lawyers to Dolge.

[belay that previous bollox, just seen the MR report---doooh!]

Is it just me or does DC and Dolge seem very "close" in all of this?

Could this be the new DC refuse depot ?

Word is that Tells have been legally advised to keep schtumm as there is a court case running, must be different type of lawyers to Dolge.

Is it just me or does DC and Dolge seem very "close" in all of this?

Could this be the new DC refuse depot ?

Dudley Butt explained this. The DC will be running it on behalf of the DOLGE. (I think)

A committee made up of commissioners & councilors from different authorities would never work, they can't even reach agreement within their own parochial boundaries

If you want to get anything done efficiently then these people need to be kept out of the loop

As an example, in the early 1980s London docklands was under the control of Tower Hamlets council, a creaking inefficient sloth of a council

Control of the docklands area was handed to a small committee of experienced business people with the remit of regenerating the area and creating employment. 20 years later docklands is the most dynamic concentration of business outside the City of London

All this happened in the wasteland where "Full Metal Jacket" was filmed, now its crowned with Canary Wharf Tower

So if you want something run properly don't let it be run by bored pensioners & second rate busybodies

Yes I too saw the notice and did wonder "What does this mean?" we have taken stuff to the amenity site before and not been charged, there was something about a raise in the cost, if we havent been charged previously then surely it would have said introduction of charges (perhaps I missed that bit I didnt pay too much attention to it) anyway Im still not sure what it means, please could some one advise if the charges relate to businesses or people?

Archived