Middle River Charges

Sparky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps one of our esteemed public reps would agree to lead us in our fight for no extra charge shite shifting? maybe one of those who who insists there will be no charge will appear for a shite sound byte? and are there fairys at the bridge?

Perhaps Buster Lewin could lend a hand?

My little black jeep will be sat at the gates come opening time, this is my number 1 public engagement of 2008 so far :D

Edit...now where did I put that winch???

Happy New Year to you all! :D

Firstly, the Eastern Amenity site won't be available for 4 days 11th - 14th as this is the proposed handover period, which has been advertised in the press. It will then re-open on the 15th with the full range of facilities being offered.

The 3 other amenity sites are available for waste over this period, though, if they reach capacity then they may be forced to close.

Please also bare in mind that the Western amenity Site closes for the bays to be emptied, therefore you need to wait until they have completed this before you can use the site. This is on Health and Safety grounds.

I hope this helps :cool:

Happy New Year to you all! :D

Firstly, the Eastern Amenity site won't be available for 4 days 11th - 14th as this is the proposed handover period, which has been advertised in the press. It will then re-open on the 15th with the full range of facilities being offered.

The 3 other amenity sites are available for waste over this period, though, if they reach capacity then they may be forced to close.

Please also bare in mind that the Western amenity Site closes for the bays to be emptied, therefore you need to wait until they have completed this before you can use the site. This is on Health and Safety grounds.

I hope this helps :cool:

And we're still waiting for a decent site in the north.

Is this what is supposed to happen or hoped to happen?

Ie Have the problems between the operator and the owner been resolved or just ignored?

This is what is supposed to happen.......The problems will still be there whether Tels are still on site or not. There would probably be a claim for breach of contract (whether implied or actual) when they leave the site. The main point is that it won't affect theose wishing to get rid of waste via the amenity site and a recycling operation will be available as well, which will be a benefit!

I see, but what if Tels have'nt left the site, surely that will affect those using it given their notices in the press etc.

Have Tels agreed to vacate ? because it dont sound like they will up to now.

That is something for the powers that be, I would like to be a fly on the wall though! I would just like it to be resolved in the best interests of the users, who have already paid for the service and shouldn't have to be inconvenienced or expected to pay again!

I see, but what if Tels have'nt left the site, surely that will affect those using it given their notices in the press etc.

Have Tels agreed to vacate ? because it dont sound like they will up to now.

That is something for the powers that be, I would like to be a fly on the wall though! I would just like it to be resolved in the best interests of the users, who have already paid for the service and shouldn't have to be inconvenienced or expected to pay again!

Too true, an ear at the keyhole would be good but it seems Tels has just blinked, so goes the Mamx equivelent of the Cuban missile crisis.

Manx Radio report today

I note that Tel's say that they do not wish to give financial hardship to any of their customers. Surely the customer/s are the people who pay then to provide the service in the first place.

Personally I do not give a damn who runs it provided I am permitted to have a good scran about and find some goodies. Equally I would like to think that someone would have the opportunity to take away my clear-out rather than know it is going straight to the incinerator.

The Southern and Western amenities sites are ace.

We spend a lot of time in Turkey where they have a great policy on waste, Large area bins are provided and people with anything "recyclable" leave them beside the bins, they dont last long, someone always seems to have a use for stuff [had the odd root mysen]

There are also these guys on bikes "recycle cycles : we call them and they travel from bin to bin winnowing out the cans etc, system seems to work.

Archived