Middle River Charges

Sparky

Manx Radio report today

I note that Tel's say that they do not wish to give financial hardship to any of their customers. Surely the customer/s are the people who pay then to provide the service in the first place.

The Southern and Western amenities sites are ace.

The money thru the rates goes to the Corporation/commisioners who then pay Tels, they are witholding payment to Tels hence the threat to charge, really though, none among us work for free,

Slim chance of the money saved from non payment appearing as a rebate for us ratepayers.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manx Radio report today

I note that Tel's say that they do not wish to give financial hardship to any of their customers. Surely the customer/s are the people who pay then to provide the service in the first place.

I have just been handed a letter with this on, I wonder if its the same one handed to Manx Radio, the tone however is somewhat different

Press Release

For immediate release

7 January 2008

Tel’s Limited Amnesty on Site Charges

Tel’s Limited (“Tel’s”), the operator of the Eastern Civic Amenity Site (the “Site”) wishes to inform all of its customers that it is postponing the proposed small charge for using the Site.

Tel’s Limited issued a notice in late December 2007 informing its customers of its proposal to make a small charge for use of the Site. This proposal was a direct result of the statement by the three Local Authorities, Braddan, Douglas and Onchan (the “Authorities”) (with whom Tel’s has a valid contract to operate the Site), that they will not pay Tel’s for its operation of the Site with effect from 10 January 2008.

The Department of Local Government and the Environment (“DOLGE”) issued a statement subsequent to Tel’s notice that it would be unlawful for Tel’s to impose such a charge. Whilst DOLGE has not elaborated on why such a charge would be unlawful, it is Tel’s position that it has a right to impose such a charge. Despite this, Tel’s does not want to disadvantage, or cause financial hardship to, any of its customers. As a result, Tel’s will postpone any such charge for the time being.

Tel’s maintains that it has a lawful and valid contract to operate the Site with the Authorities and that such contract has not been validly terminated. The Authorities submit that they have served a notice to terminate this contract and that such notice is allegedly to take effect on 10 January 2008. This position is denied by Tel’s and is the subject of ongoing legal action.

The staff and directors of Tel’s would like to thank all of its customers for the huge showing of goodwill and support over the last few weeks. Tel’s would like to reassure its customers that its priority is to provide a first class and professionally operated Civic Amenity Site and will continue to do so after 10 January 2008, when it will be business as usual.

Whats going on here, I understand the government started an action via the courts, if they are so convinced their case is right should they not complete the the case in front of the courts and prove their case if true and just.

I'm going down in the morning after the school run just to see what's going on. I hope to see a mass brawl between Tels staff, DOLGE officials and Dudley Butt in a white and black striped shirt and a whistle.

I hope to see a mass brawl between Tels staff, DOLGE officials and Dudley Butt in a white and black striped shirt and a whistle.

Just like Highlander

In the end, there can be only one...................... the last one will receive all the power of all the Immortals/waste disposal operators who ever lived

I'm going down in the morning after the school run just to see what's going on. I hope to see a mass brawl between Tels staff, DOLGE officials and Dudley Butt in a white and black striped shirt and a whistle.

I'm guessing there'll be more rubberneckers than anyone else.

Its all wind and hiss from DOLGE/DC who seem joined at the hip more than ever,

Notice to quit doesnt mean you can throw people out, its a preamble, on failure, to an eviction notice

Im not sure if security of tenure applies here, perhaps our legal types have any thoughts?

Personaly i would love to see Tel [the elder] v Dudley, bass brooms and pooper scoopers at 15 paces.

If the advice to Tel's is "you should not vacate the site" does that mean that they will be locking themsleves in and 'camping out' overnight inside the admin building

They've got loads of rubbish they could build a little fort out of. If they got a couple of crates of beans in they could hold out for weeks.

They need B.A Baracus - he could build allsorts from that junk.

Not like there's a Manx army to fight them.

Der der der der, der da der

der der der der der derrrrrrrrrr, der da derder der

"I ain't vacating dees premises foo!"

In my modest business I pay VAT, Government and Corpy rates plus income tax on any profit I may make

I also pay 10p per kilo to empty the contents of my two big wheelie bins

So if they think I am going to pay to use the civic amenity site I have already been charged for, they can fuck right off

They need B.A Baracus - he could build allsorts from that junk.

Not like there's a Manx army to fight them.

Der der der der, der da der

der der der der der derrrrrrrrrr, der da derder der

"I ain't vacating dees premises foo!"

I pity the fool etc etc, anyhoo im down the site area at City Elec before 9, nose thru chainlink fence and coffee in hand, luverly :D

Booooh! it all a load of rubbish :rolleyes:

Had a run through the site, its business as usual, seems there are no plans for a handover, the crunch time would seem to be 16.00hrs.

through all of this pantomine there has been no mention about the poor souls employed on the site already, must be a bummer for their families, not knowing their future :(

Archived