Middle River Charges

Sparky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Western Civic Amenity site has additional manpower for the weekend, provided by a contractor, to help accommodate those unable to access middle river. It is a smaller site so it would be appreciated if you would bare with the staff if they have to temporarily close the site to empty bays and mover machinery. It is procedure and a health and safety requirement for them to do so. There is no additional cost to the WCAS for either the additional manpower or waste disposal, which DLGE have agreed to cover.

This will be on the news soon.........you get to hear it here first ;)

The Western Civic Amenity site has additional manpower for the weekend, provided by a contractor, to help accommodate those unable to access middle river. It is a smaller site so it would be appreciated if you would bare with the staff if they have to temporarily close the site to empty bays and mover machinery. It is procedure and a health and safety requirement for them to do so. There is no additional cost to the WCAS for either the additional manpower or waste disposal, which DLGE have agreed to cover.

This will be on the news soon.........you get to hear it here first ;)

It may be a bit too chilly for us to 'bare with the staff' but they deserve our thanks for helping out.

DOLGEDC seem to be continuing to dig the hole deeper, perhaps they would be better getting the local authorities to issue what all would accept as a valid notice to quit than throw more money at lawyers, slim chance :(

I have always been a bit uncomfortable about public service bodies competing in the commercial world, i mean if i sold TV's i would be not impressed that my main competitor is my Govt, i dont see it as a necessary function of Govt to sell microwaves.

Likewise DC, they are somewhat joined at the hip with DOLGE, were one of the three local authorities in charge of the site, were the designated site administrators. Given the information they were privy to, is it any surprise that they won the tender?

Should they also be out in the commercial world competing against private business.

Its Derveau's skip again, if its DOLGE's site, why bother tendering at all, why not just say "we want Douglas Corporation to run it"

• 3 weeks later...

From Manx Radio Site:

The first legal steps have been taken in resolving the Middle River Civic Amenity site dispute.

The site remains open and is being operated by Tel's Skips, which claims its contract hasn't been properly terminated.

An application for an injunction was applied for by the Department of Local Government and the Environment, supported by the three local authorities involved.

Deputy Deemster Corlett failed to grant the application, which will now be heard on April the 17th.

• 2 months later...

Been of Island for some time, it was pointed out that there was a boat out each morning, but no mention of a return? anyhoo any skeet re the shite site? seem to remember much huffing and puffing from Budly Dut and king christian but all seems quiet now.

Is it still operating via Tells ?

Bit of fly tipping I came across last week. It's over the wall at the end of Switzerland Road before you head down the footpath. Nothing too bad at first glance but look about 2/3rds the way up on the left on the first picture and you can see a washing machine resting against a tree. Now I'm pretty certain if that had kept tumbling (ho ho) down the hill it would've made a nasty mess of someone or something down below.

008ti4.th.jpg

009la1.th.jpg

Bit of fly tipping I came across last week. It's over the wall at the end of Switzerland Road before you head down the footpath. Nothing too bad at first glance but look about 2/3rds the way up on the left on the first picture and you can see a washing machine resting against a tree. Now I'm pretty certain if that had kept tumbling (ho ho) down the hill it would've made a nasty mess of someone or something down below.

008ti4.th.jpg

009la1.th.jpg

Don't tell us. Ring your local service provider Douglas Corporation. 696300 Out of Hours 671100

Don't tell us. Ring your local service provider Douglas Corporation. 696300 Out of Hours 671100

How do you know I haven't already done so? :rolleyes:

As for the "Don't tell us" comment, does that mean no-one should bother sharing this type of thing on here?

Archived