[BBC News] Three charged after drugs seized

Newsbot

Police on the Isle of Man seize drugs with a street value of £1,400 in an ongoing operation.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7159154.stm

Officers in Ramsey discovered cannabis and a drug believed to be LSD when they raided a property on Saturday night.

What the fuck is "believed" supposed to mean?

I BELIEVE IT MAY HAVE BEEN A PORK PIE!

Can I get that on the news as well?

Still, £1400 worth of drugs (which actually means about £500 worth since the numbers they use are wildly out of date), it'll almost pay for about a tenth of the wages involved, just to snare a few folks who wanted to do nothing other than mind their own business for an evening.

Hopefully I will prove to be above the law since I choose to get fucked up on alcohol instead of something that may or may not be LSD.

I believe I am innocent!

Hopefully I will prove to be above the law since I choose to get fucked up on alcohol instead of something that may or may not be LSD.

I believe I am innocent!

And possibly quite stupid if you feel the need to get 'fucked up' to enjoy yourself.

I often wonder whether we should introduce a licence to drink? It may sound daft at first but think it through.

At say, 16, you go out to various pubs and clubs accompanied by responsible adults. You all drink non alcoholic throughout.

You get to see the slammed kids fighting, swearing and making a total arse of themselves. The following morning you go to the police cells to see what has been dragged in for the night. You may even go to the hospital. Later on there would be a trip to the courts. As anyone who has remained on so called soft drinks will know, the shit that drinkers talk is often enough to put anyone off.

Anyway, the list of experiences to be learnt through sober eyes in these situations is endless.

And yet alcohol is a very, very powerful and easily obtainable legal drug. We virtually encourage many of our youngsters to find out for themselves about it and get "fucked-up". The journey to fucked-updom is often one-way.

Thing is though, we can hardly teach our youth about drinking when the adults and leaders of our society have little clue about it themselves. A catch-22 innit.

I believe I am innocent!

And possibly quite stupid if you feel the need to get 'fucked up' to enjoy yourself.

A mainstay of human society since its earliest days has been some folks wanted to get "fucked up."

It's never changed and it never will, criminalising folks for being human seems a bit silly, and it's why our jails are full of people who only ever posed a risk to themselves.

Archived