News From The Front

Slim

Game were already struggling to cope, every time I've been in last few days theres been 20-50 people in the queue, moving very slowly.

So how to they relieve the pressure of last min cramming on xmas eve? They start their sale! Fucking nuts, they've wapped loads of dosh off recent releases too, bioshock, halo3, etc. Also older 360 games for utterly fuck all, under a tenner in some cases. Massive queue, one guy serving, what is the point of slashing prices?

Daft feckers!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, what is it with multiples and these pre-Christmas sales - nutters!

They reckon something like 2 billion quid will be spent today across the UK. I couldn't be doing with all that hassle. I knocked off at lunchtime and had 1 pressie left to buy - nice and easy. :)

I still can't beleive they moved there counter!!! thats were there are problems... they are always off fetching games from up stairs.

They had some guy on the door today as well, one person and one person all that jazz.

Was looking to get a game, so ended up in HMV as needed to get something from there anyway.

That place is a joke, manager should be shot.

I still can't beleive they moved there counter!!! thats were there are problems... they are always off fetching games from up stairs.

Seems to be a constant in their stores. The ones I have been in in Liverpool and Manchester have similar isolated counters with people having to go off and get your purchase from round the back

Jeez was even worse today. Every kid on the island has been given Game vouchers for xmas it seems, so of course they're all down there today wanting to turn them into something they can use. The Queue is right around the shop, there's someone at the door and a queue down the street, in the rain. Nightmare!

Not every kid ;)

There is another alternative you know

I can't dictate what other folks buy my kids. Mine had 70 quid of game vouchers each to spend today. In a way it's good, because the game sale is very good, so they got a lot for their dosh, but jesus it was busy.

The mental thing about it is that you give them the box that you want and they have to leg it all the way to the back of the shop to get a game.

Why the heck did they move the couter from the back to the middle of the shop anyway. It must be the tiniest game shop in the world too.

I had taken the nephew in to get a new game with his xmas money and when we saw the queue just decided it would be best to goto woolies where we just walked up to the counter and paid for what we wanted - no bother. (It did help that most of their games were out of stock and the ones they did have were over priced.)

Archived