Where Did Douglas Lifeboat Go

Tempus Fugit

From: http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga-newsroom...m=12&y=2007

Press Notice No: Duty Press Notice

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Posted 18:03 GMT

COASTGUARD ASSIST IN MULTI AGENCY RESCUE OF CLIFF FALLER ON ISLE OF MAN

At four o clock this afternoon Liverpool Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) received a call from Isle Of Man joint control centre requesting assistance in the coordination of the rescue of a cliff faller at Garwick Bay near Baldrine.

Liverpool MRCC tasked Douglas Coastguard Rescue Team to the scene and requested the launch of the Douglas RNLI lifeboat. RAF helicopter R122 was scrambled via Air Rescue Coordination Centre (ARCC) Kinloss. Isle of Man Police and Ambulance Service are also in attendance.

Ian Jackson of Liverpool MRCC said:

We are currently providing a coordination role in the rescue of a cliff walker on the Isle of Man. Coastguard, Police and Ambulance services are working together in the rescue of the man who is currently being airlifted to Nobles Hospital in Douglas.

Posted By: Rosie Tapping

For further details contact:

The Maritime & Coastguard Agency Press Office

023 8032 9401

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Man-in-seri...fter.3620638.jp

Man in serious condition after rocks fall

A YOUNG man suffered serious injuries when he fell on rocks in Garwick Bay on Boxing Day.

The combined rescue effort, led by the Isle of Man Coastguard, saw Douglas Coastguard Rescue Team, Douglas Lifeboat, an RAF rescue helicopter, paramedics and police join forces.

The incident took place in the afternoon.

The casualty, described as a 'young man' by a Coastguard spokesman, was cared for by Coastguard rescue officers and paramedics until he could be winched up to the helicopter and taken to Noble's Hospital.

The spokesman said his injuries were serious but non life-threatening.

Last Updated: 26 December 2007 8:12 PM

The coastal footpaths are lethal in places, I am hardly surprised that there aren't more accidents like this.

yes lets get the health and sarety nazis to close off all costal footpaths with imediate effect untill a 2m high fence with handrail has been built round the perimeter of the island

The coastal footpaths are lethal in places, I am hardly surprised that there aren't more accidents like this.

yes lets get the health and sarety nazis to close off all costal footpaths with imediate effect untill a 2m high fence with handrail has been built round the perimeter of the island

I suggest you try some of these so-called footpaths - for example around Maughold. I am against the health and Safety; instead of financing these clowns I would prefer the money be spent on the footpaths.

I am 50 (!), very fit and have good boots but some even so have problems. Sadly the people in charge seem to live in their cars...

Archived