[BBC News] Meeting over pier survey results

Newsbot

Why on earth did they not just add copies of the survey into the courier then a hell of a lot more people would have had the chance to complete it. That way they would have got a much more useful response I'm sure.

I did get a survey and supported saving the pier with modern materials. Although I got the distinct impression that the document was clearly worded towards pulling the pier down. I may still have a copy and if so will scan it and put it on the forum. They sent me a second one claiming they had not received my first- strange? I wonder if anyone else from the North had theirs go astray. I cannot say from what I read in the document that it was for any purpose other than demolishing the pier. It appeared to be a series of similar questions relating to what price would I finally agree to have it pulled down. The other suggestions were worded in such a way that you would have to be mad to suggest that Government spend that sort of money. I have no doubt that the answer will be, that in the end 90% of dogs who said their cats preferred it, wanted the pier ripping down. If you ask a question enough times to a broad enough base you can get the answer you want. As has been stated often enough in these forums, why did we have a survey anyway. I don't recall any survey for the Camera Obscura and I doubt they will ask us if they need to spend money on the Tower of Refuge. But of course they are in Douglas and I would suggest that that has been the problem all along

A real shame if that's the way they are actually trying to play it. :(

You never know though, maybe heritage will 'rescue' it and build it up again from plasterboard, then whap a load of overpriced apartments on it. <_<

If that is the case, which I fear it is, then shame on those that sanction such action.

The view from the pink palace, where resides one of the Ramsey MHKs will only be diminished by the lack of this landmark piece of heritage, in the true sense. I await the 'fire' and subsequent lack of culprit to prosecute.

I wonder if Mr P Whipp, who's dad lives in Maughold is in need of any more ornaments along the lines of the Glen Mona?

Archived