Crysis

Uni

Crysis has to be my favourite FPS of the year, runs excellent 1280p (medium detail) on my two year old system. This game totally wipes the floor with the much anticipated Blacksite.

The switch from fighting humans to aliens is a bit rough and the weapons seem weak, but lots of fun to play.

Gonna hit Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back!

Thought crysis was actually a cr@p game in respects to gameplay.

Graphics = Amazing, yeah I did build my rig to play this game.

Took me 3 days to finally get the game to load up.

The amount of bugs during and before playing the game was nothing short to a beta game.

Story was boring, never really kept me on the edge like cod4 did.

and to top it all off, I completed it in 1 solid day of gaming.

last level was easy (ish)

Wait till this game hits the £20 price mark or borrow it! You need a hefty amount of £££ spent before you can play it the way its meant to be played (nvida sli + core 2 duo)

If you liked crysis, go play cod4, short, but every second is a joy to play!

• 2 weeks later...

It depends entirely on how you play it, at least in the first two thirds. It's far more open to interpretation than any other FPS on the market atm - If you play it as a run and gun shooter then no, you probably won't get the most out of it. If you play around with different approaches though, using the differing abilities it turns from a competent shooter into an excellent one. I frequently find myself reloading sections to tackle them in different ways. It's all about the approach - for my money it's one of the best releases of the year, and a breath of fresh air for a stale genre.

Like Far Cry though, it starts going downhill when non-human enemies are introduced - and the last third of it is a bit disappointing when it basically degenerates into a corridor FPS.

I don't know where slinkydevil gets the idea it's had some 'dire' reviews from. It's got a Gamerankings average of 91% from 45 outlets......it doesn't get much higher than that. The lowest review scores it's recieved have been in the 80's :blink:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931665.asp

I don't know where slinkydevil gets the idea it's had some 'dire' reviews from. It's got a Gamerankings average of 91% from 45 outlets......it doesn't get much higher than that. The lowest review scores it's recieved have been in the 80's :blink:

Check my quote....

I was talking about 'Soldier of Fortune' not Crysis.

Check my quote....

I was talking about 'Soldier of Fortune' not Crysis.

Ah, of course! I beg your pardon.

That does indeed look dire, although it'll probably be alright as a mindless blaster, once it hits the bargain bins - Serious Sam style. The second SoF was awful on the Xbox(the only version I played), so I'm sure it can't be much worse than that...

I haven't played it yet primarly because the crazy body armour looks a bit out of place. It's sounds stupid, but I hate it when games make it hard to suspend disbelief by including sensational gimmicks and jump between a world we can recognise to a full on sci fi monster island circus, otherwise known as the Xen effect (when Half life got shit: the point where Freeman ended up hopping accross magic space rocks).

Either make a proper sci fi game or don't, don't just make a conventional shooter and slap on some magic trousers and some aliens at the end.

Archived