Us Presidential Race

Amadeus

Jeeze, not only are you thick but you're clearly determined to prove it at every turn.

Shadows on the moon, ships disappearing over a horizon etc etc were taken as "evidence" that the world was a flat circular disc. Just like the moon they observed every night. To put it in terms you can understand it's a bit like saying that Russell Brand has some "very clever humour" i.e. you can say it as often as you like but unfortunately there's no real evidence to confirm it.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PK, I've resisted as long as I can, but you're just going to have to go on ignore, like so many others have done.

Bye PK.

:D

I have to smile when this is used as the ultimate threat on this site!

Right that's it! One more time... and I'll put you on ignore!

I mean it! Stop it! I don't like it when you disagree with me...

Okay! Enough! Ignore it is then! Bye bye!

*add member to ignore*

ooooh i say. :rolleyes:

PK, I've resisted as long as I can, but you're just going to have to go on ignore, like so many others have done.

Bye PK.

ooooh i say. :rolleyes:

I have to smile too. I can just see slim in a couple of weeks, ignoring everyone, and going on to losing arguments with himself.

I haven't or wouldn't put anyone on ignore - it's an afront to free speech IMO. If people go too far, then I leave that to the mods to decide - that's why mods get paid such high salaries :P

I have to smile too. I can just see slim in a couple of weeks, ignoring everyone, and going on to losing arguments with himself.

I haven't or wouldn't put anyone on ignore - it's an afront to free speech IMO. If people go too far, then I leave that to the mods to decide - that's why mods get paid such high salaries :P

Hehe, I haven't either actually, though I've come close like last night. I like an argument and all that, and prefer someone to take issue with what I've said rather than not reply.

I'm sure I've lost an argument with AI droid before, he's a pretty sharp guy!

I haven't or wouldn't put anyone on ignore - it's an afront to free speech IMO.

I've got one person on ignore, and it's made my forum experiece far better. They're still free to post though. So how's it an afront of free speech?

A couple of other people have come close, and it's nothing to do with having differing opinions. It's more to do with annoyance factor. If someone was in the pub agreeing with everything you said, but about 2 inches away from your face, and kept following you into the toilets you'd probably get fed up with it and try to avoid them.

Bye PK.

Yes it's very amusing, especially the bit where they HAVE to tell you that they're putting you on ignore. Like knowing that means you wouldn't create any new id's just to piss them off - just what are they thinking of? They also try and give the impression that they're not acting alone, dear me. I suspect having to post what they're doing is part of this:

Seriously, the level of hollow boasting about winning arguments on this thread and the Manuel one is astounding. It's like the cyber version of a rap battle, only much less entertaining. The insults are a bit lame though, especially Slim/AI Droids silly little tactic of accusing anyone who disagrees with his point of view of being prudes or old - "purple rinsed tutters", "antiques roadshow brigade". It's a pretty shit way to make your point.

Very nicely put. Although Mr Slim's flounce was one of the best yet, I could almost see his petticoats twirling...

I have three id's on ignore, although I know one of them has multiple id's. Two are for the same reason in that they love handing it out but get very arsey when they're on the receiving end. The other one is for health reasons.

Interesting that olive branches seem to be sprouting everywhere at present from; Russia over missiles in poland and czechoslovakia; the possibility of new middle east peace talks early next year; from Iran etc. etc.

Could be a very interesting six months coming up.

In the meantime Obama is already talking of instantly undoing some of Bush's plans using his executive powers, on such issues as stem cell research and oil drilling.

William Hill have announced they are refusing to take bets that Obama will be assassinated. 100 sick barstewards have apparently approached them already.

Thanks for that Pongo, especially liked this bit ;

"Citizens with eyes, ears, and the ability to wake up and realize what truly matters in the end are also believed to have played a crucial role in Tuesday's election."

What really brought the significance of it home to me were the scenes of Joy from Howard University - all those young black people finally believing that racism has had its day.

Wasn't so surprised to see Jesse Jackson so emotional - he was crying because the man who had just been elected commander in chief of the most powerful military organization in the world is the same man who only a few weeks ago Jesse said he would like to rip the nuts off.

PK My ex-colonial neighbour thinks the world has gone mad now that a Black Kenyan is President of the USA, he still can't accept that a Black Kenyan is President of Kenya. He came out with the lame 'Black House' comment recently too.

A black Kenyan is not president of the United States. Under the US constitution, only natural-born American citizens can be president. Obama is not Kenyan, and never has been. And he's no more black than he is white.

S

"Citizens with eyes, ears, and the ability to wake up and realize what truly matters in the end are also believed to have played a crucial role in Tuesday's election."

What really brought the significance of it home to me were the scenes of Joy from Howard University - all those young black people finally believing that racism has had its day.

Wasn't so surprised to see Jesse Jackson so emotional - he was crying because the man who had just been elected commander in chief of the most powerful military organization in the world is the same man who only a few weeks ago Jesse said he would like to rip the nuts off.

PK My ex-colonial neighbour thinks the world has gone mad now that a Black Kenyan is President of the USA, he still can't accept that a Black Kenyan is President of Kenya. He came out with the lame 'Black House' comment recently too.

A black Kenyan is not president of the United States. Under the US constitution, only natural-born American citizens can be president. Obama is not Kenyan, and never has been. And he's no more black than he is white.

S

Do please try to keep up - that point was made by PK in post 272, way back on Nov 6th. Obama is of course American, no shit Sherlock - my point was that this didn't stop PK making a 'joke' about his colour, nor did it stop my ex-colonial neighbour being outraged about a man he considers to be a Kenyan untermensch becoming president of the US. I look forward to further comment from you Seb, in say, what, a fortnight?

nor did it stop my ex-colonial neighbour being outraged about a man he considers to be a Kenyan untermensch becoming president of the US.

Yet another old colonial who moved to the Isle of Man to get away from the 'spear chuckers' who were ruining his view of Jerusalems green and pleasant lands. Surprise, surprise. Hopefully the credit crunch will send them packing back to blighty to mix again with all those black faces they thought they'd avoided for ever by moving here!

(Joke against bigotted English w@nkers before anyone complains)

S

Do please try to keep up - that point was made by PK in post 272, way back on Nov 6th. Obama is of course American, no shit Sherlock - my point was that this didn't stop PK making a 'joke' about his colour, nor did it stop my ex-colonial neighbour being outraged about a man he considers to be a Kenyan untermensch becoming president of the US. I look forward to further comment from you Seb, in say, what, a fortnight?

You need to express yourself more clearly: "......now that HE THINKS a black Kenyan......"

S

Archived