Us Presidential Race

Amadeus

Hopefully the credit crunch will send them packing back to blighty to mix again with all those black faces they thought they'd avoided for ever by moving here!

mmm maybe you should have posted that into the BNP/Nazi post after all isn't that what they stand for.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do please try to keep up - that point was made by PK in post 272, way back on Nov 6th. Obama is of course American, no shit Sherlock - my point was that this didn't stop PK making a 'joke' about his colour

Why should the fact Obama is a US citizen stop me making a 'joke' (your quotes, different people have different senses of humour) about his colour???

Well folks, get it while you can before the likes Freggyragh make being white a criminal offence. No shit Sherlock. This is an extract of the defence statement made by Michael Richards in "court" after being accused of making racial statements in his comedy act. I can assure you there were NO references in his act to shagging someone's grand-daughter:

"There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

"And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK.

"But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist.

"You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

"You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

"You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

"You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

"You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

"If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

"If we had any organisation for only whites to 'advance' OUR, lives we'd be racists.

"We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that?

"A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.

"If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships ...You know we'd be racists.

"There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college.

"In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

"You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

"I am proud... But you call me a racist.

"Why is it that only whites can be racists?"

He makes some good points, but I still suspect he's a racist.

Racism is about power, not attitude. For you to dislike blacks is not racist,, for you to exert power and make decisions based on a persons colour and that alone is racism.

Being black is more an experience than a fact, you have to suffer from racism because you are black to experience racism.

White people are experiencing reaction not racism.

PK - Did you say Michael Richards is a comedian? I wouldn't make being any sort of colour a criminal offence - but I could certainly execute comedians who were that unfunny.

After you have recovered from your venting, why don't you cheer yourself up with words of wisdom from this talking goat - much funnier than Michael Richards, whoever he is:

No, I didn't say Michael Richards is a comedian. He's off some soap apparently. My US mates thought the "Black House" comment very funny. One of them commented that most yanks are too pc to make such a comment, and I would agree with that, but he also sent a link to the Richards debacle to show they are not all like that which I have since deleted. Basically he was being heckled and responded in a very un-pc manner shall we say.

Incidentally, what is your response to this:

"Why should the fact Obama is a US citizen stop me making a 'joke' (your quotes, different people have different senses of humour) about his colour???"

Archived