Us Presidential Race

Amadeus

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entertainment doesn't stop - next chapter: Sarah Palin accepts the blessing of Pastor Thomas Muthee, who asks Jesus to fund her political campaigns and protect her from witchcraft.

The entertainment doesn't stop - next chapter: Sarah Palin accepts the blessing of Pastor Thomas Muthee, who asks Jesus to fund her political campaigns and protect her from witchcraft.

These people scare the living shit out of me. George W Bush has virtually bankrupted the US economy, ruined the global financial system, caused death to hundreds of thousands in Iraq, nearly created the next Cold war with Russia and yet there's still a hardcore bunch of christian, redneck, right wing sheep shaggers who think that voting for a loony like Palin is the answer to Americas problems.

Can't find the video, but the NY Times says the second part was even worse - CBS's interviewer Ms. Couric really got her a hum dinger at the end.

Ms. Couric ... ended on a “gotcha” moment. After Ms. Palin attacked Senator Barack Obama for saying he would meet with leaders of Syria and Iran without preconditions, Ms. Couric reminded the governor that she recently met with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who supports direct diplomacy with both countries. “Are you saying Henry Kissinger is naïve?” Ms. Couric asked. Ms. Palin replied, “I’ve never heard Henry Kissinger say, ‘Yeah, I’ll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.’ ”

After the interview, Ms. Couric faced the camera and added a postscript. “Incidentally, we confirmed Henry Kissinger’s position following our interview,” she said, explaining that Mr. Kissinger supports talks “without preconditions.”

Just watched the debate on bbc - McCain constantly trying to appear like the more experienced grandpa who tells little nephew Obama how much better he is - yuk. Is it only me or does the whole McCain/Palin circus appear more like a smiling zombie freakshow every day? Just plain scary by now...

Never underestimate the american voter, and their ability to rig the polls. Chads.

I suspect it will be very close...again.

Your right of course, depressing isn't it. It's just hard to grasp that anyone with such a narrow world view and with those opinions and policies would get any support at all, let alone be in with a shot of running the most influential country on the planet.

Archived