No More Bristol Flights?

gd0nfn

I do hope that this is new news?

It seems Eastern Airways have stopped the Bristol flights from the Island; don’t remember hearing about this before.

Here is their email I received this morning.

“Good Morning

Thank-you for your email, unfortunately I reply to confirm that this particular service between Bristol and the Isle of Man has been placed under review and has currently been cancelled as from January 11th up until the end of March 2008, the status of this route will then be reviewed further at the end of this period.

I can however offer a Birmingham service operating in to the Isle of Man if this would be of any use to you.

I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience of which this may have caused you.

Kind Regards

Stacey”

That's an arse - it's the closest airport to my parents in Somerset. I flew it over Christmas and New Year (down on the 22nd, back on the 2nd) and it was a prompt and fast service. 29-seater aircraft, about 2/3s full on the way down, just under half-full coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

Being from South Wales we prefer to use Manx2 - Gloucestershire Airport is easier to get to and the flights cheaper than using Eastern at Bristol. I hope Manx2 don't hike their prices now. When oh when though will flights be re-introduced between the Isle of Man and Cardiff? It seems you folk don't want to come to us, judging by the replies I get from airlines when I ask :crying:

Archived