Gas And Electric

Sharp

ITV news have it that gas prices in the UK are to increase by 20% and electric by 17% today, what will be the increase on the Island be I wonder,

ITV news have it that gas prices in the UK are to increase by 20% and electric by 17% today, what will be the increase on the Island be I wonder,

And yet inflation is 3%, how does that stack up?

Easy - Inflation under labour is 3%. If figure comes out that will make inflation exceed 3% then it is excluded from the inflation figure and the Government say the increase was due to "market forces".

Examples are oil, petrol, house prices, electricity, gas, etc.

Every figure under labour is now so distorted it makes them no longer viable as a government. The sooner brooon calls the uk electio the better.

I expect it will give the MEA the excuse to put in an extra rise over here too.

Easy - Inflation under labour is 3%. If figure comes out that will make inflation exceed 3% then it is excluded from the inflation figure and the Government say the increase was due to "market forces".

Every figure under labour is now so distorted it makes them no longer viable as a government. The sooner brooon calls the uk electio the better.

Really? Can you provide specific examples? I'm looking at the basket here:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/elmr/04_07/do...7_Wingfield.pdf

Electricity is there, as is Oil Gas and Coal as heating fuels. Oil & Petrol are there too, and motor oil. In fact, according to the document above, the weighting for fuel and light actually increased from 31 to 39 in 2007.

House prices arent in, but they never have been, but mortgage fees were added this year. Rent is in there.

The items removed are documented but don't seem to be anything to do with the political reasons you're suggesting, they're just stuff people no longer buy like CRT TV's and video tapes.

You got something to back up what you're saying?

And yet inflation is 3%, how does that stack up?

Be that as it may, the true inflation figure is hardly in the region of 17-20%. Nor is the fault of the UK's Labour Government that fuel prices are trebled in recent years, or that consumers seem to simply refuse to spend less money on inflation drivers like those you list. Or indeed market hype and panic has sent oil prices way above the actual value of the commodity. I don't think we could expect a PR Dave Government to be much more open or honest frankly.

The MEA buys gas somewhat in advance (which is why falls in gas prices are not immediately followed by a decline in price per unit), so I wouldn't have thought there would be any imminent price rise. That said, with the price of gas having gone up, it would hardly be unreasonable to do so at some stage.

The items removed are documented but don't seem to be anything to do with the political reasons you're suggesting, they're just stuff people no longer buy like CRT TV's and video tapes.

You got something to back up what you're saying?

No, of course not. He's a Conservative.

The MEA buys gas somewhat in advance (which is why falls in gas prices are not immediately followed by a decline in price per unit),

The MEA only act as a handling agent for Manx Gas. Therefore Manx Gas buy and charge what they want.

Archived