[BBC News] Police hunt owner of attack dog

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More often than not, it is not the dog, but the owner which causes the problems.

agreed, walking , feeding , and picking up after it is only a small part of owning a dog. most people have no idea about training a dog right. there is a lot more to it than getting them to sit or roll over.

so i can understand why people dislike them, unfortunately its bad ownership that cause it.

Training them correctly etc etc can greatly reduce the risks and problems of dog ownership, but of the most ferocious breeds it can only deminish, control it. The unpleaseant nature can remain underlying within and it only has to resurface for whatever reason once in its life for a short period for there to be unsavoury consequences.

I admit to not being a great lover of dogs especially now I have young kids. I am not in favour of banning but I believe all or most should be muzzled if in a public place and not securely on the lead. Some breeds should also be muzzled even if on a lead

I would also make licensing compulsory, at a cost of say £100. This would cover the cost of having a chip inplanted and DNA recording. I would then have stiff penalties for dog fouling. The perpertrators hopefully could be quickly found and dealt with as DNA testing an extract of the fouling would quickly reveal the culprite.

I would hope that once owners understood that they could be easily traced and caught if they did not clean up after their animals, and that there were stiff penalties, they would very quickly get into the practice of cleaning up after their animals if they do not already.

Archived