Manx Goth/alternative Scene...

~m~

So, I've recently moved to the island, and would like to investigate the local goth/alternative scene. Is there one? If so, where do I find it??? Any regular events I should know about? Where do I find out about one-off club nights, gigs, etc? Is there some big central list of this stuff around somewhere?

Help and advice greatly appreciated!!! :)

Would also suggest checking out Bushy's basement bar, the cornerhouse and the traf where you might meet like minded people.

If that's where all the cool kids are, I might just try that - thanks ;)

~m~ you'll want to check out Piglets nights or Spiderwebs. They're both dj nights catering for the goth, metal, industrial tastes in music. The only bands I can suggest you look out for are: Chiaroscura and The Black Monday Suicides. Manxbands is probably the best bet for seeing when they're on.

I miss the days when the Island's goth scene consisted of little more than the make up section of Superdrug and This Corrosion being played at the Tardis :(

It was shit, but at least I was young then.

Whos is The Black Monday Suicides oogie? Can't say i've heard of them :huh:

Long gone are the days of The Gifted and Circusworld...boooooo!

they only stopped palying like last week, not exactley gone are the days :P

the black monday suicides are some members of death of another i think. doing some screamo angry stuff, i heard a few tracks on their myspace and they don't sound too bad.

You can also hear a fair bit of trad Goth (Sisters, Mission, Neph, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Bauhaus etc) at the Lazybone nights at Bushy's Basement Bar - last Friday of every month.

starting on 29th February. We got double booked for January :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

To those of you who know Piglet, will probably know that "Piglet's" is unfortunately no more :(

However, the manx goth scene will still live on through SpiderwebS which will be returning to Bushy's Basement Bar soon!

Was hoping for a February edition of SpiderwebS, but that is looking more and more unlikely as uni life is proving to be quite busy...however March and April will see the return of the alternative club night!

See you there! xxx

if anyone likes a bit of heavier ish music. then come on down to the basement bar this friday for Escape artists, seconds later and signified. well heavy loike!.. i'll eve do a scream like that fella from Bleeding Through.

Archived