Folk Music

~m~

On a slightly different note from my last post, can anyone tell me what's on in terms of the folk music scene? Any good regular sessions in pubs I should know about?

In a similar vein, I play the folk harp, and would be interested in getting a tutor (I've not had one for the past few years, and have fallen woefully out of practice) - can anyone point me in the direction of someone suitable?

Thanks again :)

There is a folk night at The Mitre in Ramsey every Friday night. It is not too shabby at all, and people just turn up with their instruments and go for it.

It is quite heavily slanted towards Irish Traditional, as that is where most of the regulars come from.

Keep your eye open in July for Yn Chruinnaght. It is a pretty good mix of all things Celtic.

There is a folk night at The Mitre in Ramsey every Friday night.

Ramsey? Sounds like a long way away.... ;) I might make the journey next time I'm looking for something to do on a Friday....

Keep your eye open in July for Yn Chruinnaght. It is a pretty good mix of all things Celtic.

~m~ I know of a 'Harpist' in the south but she has a Classical Harp rather than a folk harp.

To the best of recollection Kayleigh Joughan was a Folk Harpist (not sure whether she is on the Island though)

Are the sessions at the Mitre etc just for player or can people just go along to listen.

I love listening to folk music but can't play anything,

On a slightly different note from my last post, can anyone tell me what's on in terms of the folk music scene? Any good regular sessions in pubs I should know about?

In a similar vein, I play the folk harp, and would be interested in getting a tutor (I've not had one for the past few years, and have fallen woefully out of practice) - can anyone point me in the direction of someone suitable?

Thanks again :)

There's a few harpists for hire through switched on entertainment (http://www.switched-online.co.uk), you often see them in hotels and functions and what not, one of em teaches apparently.

Archived