No Go Areas? In Britain?

Max Power

Where are these 'no-go' areas? And why is Islamic extremism to blame?

The thing with many such areas is that they are generally estates in which the poorer in society are housed, and quite frankly, no one else ever went to such places anyway. Why would they? Then these people develop a kind of mystique as extremely dangerous areas. Yes, crime is usually higher, but the Bishop is putting the blame for this on Muslims (as is the Shadow Home Secretary David Davis), something I find quite bizarre.

I lived in a predominantly Muslim area of London for many years and it was generally a much friendlier community than many so-called 'better' areas.

Religion can and should be blamed for a lot of the ills in our society, but these comments are just silly scaremongering. Feel free to believe what you want, but I would rather not be plagued by people trying to impose their religion on me: whether they are Christian, Muslim, or Scientologist is beside the point.

I have lived in Tottenham for about 5 years, in the part that has been considered a "no go" area, infact all the areas I have lived in London have been them type of areas, its a load of bullshit! yes these areas are run down (to a point) but I think that the main reason they are labelled as such is because they usually hold a high concentration of one group of people that the press are scared of in that particular time!

Tottenham had attached to it the tottenham riots for years, all bad press really, when infact Tottenham was one of the friendliest places I ever lived in respect of community. I think it is all to do with press in the end?

I have lived in Tottenham for about 5 years, in the part that has been considered a "no go" area, infact all the areas I have lived in London have been them type of areas, its a load of bullshit! yes these areas are run down (to a point) but I think that the main reason they are labelled as such is because they usually hold a high concentration of one group of people that the press are scared of in that particular time!

Tottenham had attached to it the tottenham riots for years, all bad press really, when infact Tottenham was one of the friendliest places I ever lived in respect of community. I think it is all to do with press in the end?

I was mugged in Tottenham but the lady who worked in the launderette was very friendly - taught me to knit in fact. Blew fag smoke all over me washing but I forgave her.

Archived