House Fire In Port Erin This Morning

Cret

I hope that anyone in the house managed to get out ok, but sympathies on the carnage that must have been caused to the house.

It was a horrendous bang at 7.30 this morning that woke me and I could feel it in our house a good couple of hundred yards away from the house that went up but couldn't see what had caused it at the time.

Terrible thing to happen to someone's home and a scary sight to see it ablaze so I just hope there were no injuries. :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IoM Newspapers

A house fire in Port Erin has led to road closures.

The emergency services were called to the blaze in Maine Road this morning (Tuesday).

A police spokesman said roads in the surrounding area had been shut to allow the emergency services to deal with the incident.

No further details have been released.

There's also a 10-second video of it.

It certainly looked vicious and the whole roof was pretty much engulfed when we saw it. Didn't realise it was somewhere close until a while after the bang though.

Must be a horrible experience to have to go through, but as long as the occupants were ok that's the important thing.

According to MR: Cause was 'an explosion'...

How does 'There's been an explosion at a semi-detached property' translate to the cause was an explosion? It might have been a house fire that caused the explosion.

Shhh! Keep it to yourself, but I am after one of those jobs as a local BBC reporter ;)

Archived