House Fire In Port Erin This Morning

Cret

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to MR: Cause was 'an explosion'...

How does 'There's been an explosion at a semi-detached property' translate to the cause was an explosion? It might have been a house fire that caused the explosion.

Shhh! Keep it to yourself, but I am after one of those jobs as a local BBC reporter ;)

Yeah, seems a well cushy pensioned number doesn't it. Newsbot has finally managed to report this about 10 minutes ago.

Nice work if you can get it eh!

If its subsequently found that someone in the house didn't properly turn off an appliance will the insurance pay out (pre-supposing the householder has insurance)?

Yes, you're insured against accidental damage and you wouldn't leave the gas on deliberately. Given the level of devastation it may be tricky finding the actual cause.

If its subsequently found that someone in the house didn't properly turn off an appliance will the insurance pay out (pre-supposing the householder has insurance)?

You are assuming that there are gas appliances within the house. This may not be the case - which would make interesting news.

I was talking to a customer of mine this morning who is friends with the family. The eldest son deserves some sort of an award for extricating everyone from the debris of the fallen building. Apparantly the father has had to have his spleen removed and is in intensive but on the mend.

The strange thing is, how does a house collapse to such an extent without having a gas main into it?

Archived