House Fire In Port Erin This Morning

Cret

Its not the insurance they're helping us. Certain other companies and establishments are trying to save their skin by trying to convince us it was an act of god so that we wouldn't look for compensation.

Then surely it is in the interests of your insurance company to investigate it themselves - even to the extent of sending a guy over for a few days (or employing a local consultant) - with the amount of money likely involved. I'm sure you are doing so, but you should at all times keep your insurance company informed of what is going on - it's usually in the small print.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not the insurance they're helping us. Certain other companies and establishments are trying to save their skin by trying to convince us it was an act of god so that we wouldn't look for compensation.

Then surely it is in the interests of your insurance company to investigate it themselves - even to the extent of sending a guy over for a few days (or employing a local consultant) - with the amount of money likely involved. I'm sure you are doing so, but you should at all times keep your insurance company informed of what is going on - it's usually in the small print.

I would go further and suggest that you should leave the claim to your insurance company. Have they accepted your claim yet? If they have then they have rights of subrogation and can pursue the party responsible. If, however, they are waiting for the outcome of some investigation before they admit your claim, then you may be a bit stuffed on that score. May be worth your while appointing a loss assessor who works in your interests, not the insurance company's (as a loss adjuster does).

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

The insurance company is taking on the company resposible and then we have our own private case or whatever against them. Apparently They are using Lawyers from the UK as it means they can delay going to court for longer. They're such lovely people.

sorry for the late reply by the way.

Good luck with it Mr H.

I hope that you get a decent outcome eventually, although you shouldn't have to be going through all of this, especially after the horror of it happening in the first place.

The insurance company is taking on the company resposible and then we have our own private case or whatever against them. Apparently They are using Lawyers from the UK as it means they can delay going to court for longer. They're such lovely people.

sorry for the late reply by the way.

u could well find this will take years and years i woulden hold my breath on anything less than 5,

then when it does get there, no dowt thay will settle out of court just b4 its due to be sat.

Really good luck Jim. Some times people just will not be told and are so pig headed they say things like "Thankyou for your call, we have resolved this matter now, goodbye" - Oh but they haven't resolved it to anyones satisfaction but their own. Grr grrr grrr.

& Zeph, I think that was a little bit harsh on the firemen too, like Mission did mention, it is not a job many are brave enough to do, they certainly have my respect.

Archived