[BBC News] Clarkson access decision expected

Newsbot

from what i understand, a short section has been diverted not closed and it is not a "permissive route" as it has always been at the land owners discretion.

A path has been closed and diverted. That makes a section of path closed. Closed, closed, closed.

Once the law allows people to close and divert footpaths for whatever reason, the precedent could have many serious implications.

Maybe a "permissive route" is one that is at the owners discretion.

Oh and the caption under JC's photo is "The footpath near Mr Clarkson's house is not a public right of way". The BBC says it so it must be right.

I agree that Jeremy seem a nice bloke though and a jolly good television presenter but I don't think that is the issue here. Is it?

Once the law allows people to close and divert footpaths for whatever reason, the precedent could have many serious implications

It's his fucking land!

Roll on Tuesday when we will hopefully see the end of this pathetic saga and the back of those Prowl wankers.

I agree that Jeremy seem a nice bloke though and a jolly good television presenter but I don't think that is the issue here. Is it?

Do you think the PROWL numpties would've made such an issue of it had it not been JC?

No I doubt it.

Do you think the PROWL numpties would've made such an issue of it had it not been JC?

No I doubt it.

Exactly. It should've been resolved ages ago, and not by public bloody inquiry. If Tynwald doesn't throw this out as a complete waste of time and public resources then I may just do round there and slap some sense in to them.

Grrrrrr :angry:

Like it's been said a hundred times, it's his land and his privacy. At least he's diverted the path and not just completely closed it off, which must've been very tempting during this whole period of dog attacks on sheep and protesters hanging around.

In their literature/interviews etc, they keep banging on about how a majority of people on the island support the views of PROWL. Anyone who doesn't live here must have a very strange impression of us. How can we manage to convey the truth, which is that the vast majority probably regard them as a bunch of narrow-minded, self-aggrandising, pathetic tossers?

In their literature/interviews etc, they keep banging on about how a majority of people on the island support the views of PROWL. Anyone who doesn't live here must have a very strange impression of us. How can we manage to convey the truth, which is that the vast majority probably regard them as a bunch of narrow-minded, self-aggrandising, pathetic tossers?

You could be the anti-PROWL spokesman...

Archived