Horse Trams

lectro

Agree 100% A great place. I learnt my lesson after Christmas, will always go to Newsons as the first choice. I don't think the great quay remake will have done them any favours though.

It's good value too. Went into millets first, not only did they not have my size, but the cheapest stuff was double newsons price. Everyone should support this proper manxie company that for once doesn't rip off.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed again. Prices are damn good and they've got a good range in a lot of sizes. That's the sort of place for me. Love poking around in there. Are they still doing the 10% off promo now?

So, extending it along North Quay would allow people to take the horse tram to Tesco, Newsons or Coasters. Fantastic. Only the sub issue of it getting through four roundabouts to get there.

And the Railway station, which was the original pont! Obviously this isn't going to happen, so it's a fairly pointless discussion but it wouldn't need to get through four rounderbouts, it could bipass most of em by going through the sea terminal car park, and round the back way to the quay.

So, extending it along North Quay would allow people to take the horse tram to Tesco, Newsons or Coasters. Fantastic. Only the sub issue of it getting through four roundabouts to get there.

And the Railway station, which was the original point! Obviously this isn't going to happen, so it's a fairly pointless discussion but it wouldn't need to get through four rounderbouts, it could bipass most of em by going through the sea terminal car park, and round the back way to the quay.

Forgot about the railway station. *embarrassed smiley*

Anyway...an integrated historic transport system is not a pressing need for the Island methinks, and certainly won't help the Horse Trams out of the red. To be honest, I can't see that ever being the case.

It might be a different story if there was anything to do at the Summerhill end of the Prom, but what is the point of riding it except as an activity in of itself?

That is why they are only getting part fares - I wonder if it ever occured to the geniuses at Town Hall that people don't get on at the Sea Terminal dying to travel the whole length of the prom so that they can get to that pile of old shite and rocks that used to be Summerland.

Once you've gone past the Villa there is piss all for the Tourists to visit unless they are in to empty apartment blocks.

In fact the only way they could get full return fares is if they did a special "Shitty eyesores of Douglas" tram so you can view the decline of the town with the added effect of the smell of horse shit up your nose.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Newsons, as long as you don't mind looking like Compo off that show about old blokes.

They did a lot of snowboarding in last of the summer wine then?

I don't know, I've never watched it - do we have a lot of snowboarding on the island then? The last time I was in Newsons they had little more than very limited pattern combat gear and various wellies. It was a long time ago though, now that I think about it probably several years.

I don't know, I've never watched it - do we have a lot of snowboarding on the island then? The last time I was in Newsons they had little more than very limited pattern combat gear and various wellies. It was a long time ago though, now that I think about it probably several years.

Bah, I'm feeding the troll.... :)

They do all sorts of outdoorsie stuff, skiing, camping, loads of yachtie gear and some horsie type stuff too. Also lots of workwear, padded jackets, steel toe boots, etc. It's a great shop if you spend any time outside.

Archived