Don't Panic !

Tempus Fugit

What's Manx Radio trying to do ?

running news stories like

and

just because we've had a little bit of wind and a couple of sailings cancelled, are we really that close to starvation that we have to be reassured by stories like these ?

better go stock up on things before the rush :P

Well I thought I was making a similar point about the Winter Vomiting Bug, but maybe I was wrong, we are all going to die of it. Starving too.

TheBees her current and extended family wish to announce that they will be holed up in their nuclear bunker, saving themselves from the rioting mobs and will be calling their ninja friend to come & make arrows (and things like that) to kill deer with when we run out of tins of red salmon and chick peas to eat. Funnily enough that was actually part of a joke in a conversation we had only this very morning - one boat journey missed, Island in panic, FFS what did the people here do before they had boats and Tescos? - Tescos incidentally is a nightmare of a place, I shall never darken its doors again, there are too many people allowed in that shop, there should be fire regs against it (they have them for everywhere else), today I had to go there with my aged mother (just kidding mum) and young son - nightmare, the boy did get separated from us in the throngs of people and no one would move to let me find him - stupid space hungry people.

Ramsey Bakery says problems with weather and boat sailings don’t affect its ability to supply the Isle of Man with fresh bread.

I'd disagree. I'd say most things affect their ability to supply fresh bread judging by the crap thats usually available in my local shop.

To be fair they are unable to supply fresh bread at the best of times so I would say the statement is true.

Cool. We haven't had a bread thread for ages :)

If you're relying on hunting deer I fear you are for the pot yourself.

I didnt just mean Deer ofc, I meant other wild things like Bears, Foxes, Boar and the like.

Don't forget squirrels, snake and badgers. All delicious so I am told.

Archived