Weird Looking Plane

lectro

Saw a weird looking plane yesterday flying low over PSM. It must have just taken off from Ronaldsway as it was climbing. It looked a bit like this but I can't be sure if it's the same model. Plus the one I saw sounded like a jet. Any spotters here can confirm what it was?

I saw a similar looking plane flying over the Douglas and Port Jack area last Sunday afternoon, it seemed to circle a couple of times before heading off towards the South. The first thing I noticed apart from the strange shape was how quick it was through the air compared to other smaller aircraft.

It looked a bit like

this

but I can't be sure if it's the same model. Plus the one I saw sounded like a jet. Any spotters here can confirm what it was?

I'm always a bit wary about planes they say you can build in your garage / hangar.

Its just inventing new ways to kill yourself.

it looks like a rutan cozy, there used to be one hangered at jurby around 5 years ago. i did see one leave ronaldsway a few months ago, perhaps it has moved down there.

We saw something like that yesterday afternoon - after 2 ish - as we drove past Ronaldsway, It was just climbing up and seemed quite noisy.

I've seen it too. It had a strange glow round it's edges and seemed to hang in the air as if suspended by some 'advanced' technology, then it appeared to become brighter before it suddenly zipped off vertically and was out of sight in literally a couple of seconds.

Actually, thinking about it that was the other one I saw, this one just trundled around like a normal light plane. :D

It looked a bit like

this

but I can't be sure if it's the same model. Plus the one I saw sounded like a jet. Any spotters here can confirm what it was?

I'm always a bit wary about planes they say you can build in your garage / hangar.

Its just inventing new ways to kill yourself.

it looks like a rutan cozy, there used to be one hangered at jurby around 5 years ago. i did see one leave ronaldsway a few months ago, perhaps it has moved down there.

TBH it was silhouetted against the sky so I couldn't see any detail only the shape. Looked pretty cool.

Archived