[BBC News] New prison not ready for inmates

Newsbot

Well its ok moaning about the new prison and how much it has cost look at the old one.

The new one will be here for a long time and if you divided the 42 million say by 80 years then it isnt that much is it.

Also if that program that was on last night is anything to go by it seems that it is only a small percentage that seem to be going back inside because they think it is cool.

The thought of no freedom is enough for me to not want to commit a crime so these people must be just plain thick or unlucky.

What i would like to see is more community schemes and instead of jail make them work off the time.

The trouble with the prison service is they need to discourage repeat offenders

Well slim the new prison is probably going to cost less to run, it is a modern building compared to a victorian one.

We needed a new prison and its a fact of life people commit crimes, what would you prefer ?

I think the Isle of man is going in the right direction and updating its infrastructure for the future.

It was the hospital now its the prison, there will always be something to moan about i reckon the airport will be next.

Like i say the only way to keep the cost down is not to have them in it.

Well its ok moaning about the new prison and how much it has cost look at the old one.

The new one will be here for a long time and if you divided the 42 million say by 80 years then it isnt that much is it.

Also if that program that was on last night is anything to go by it seems that it is only a small percentage that seem to be going back inside because they think it is cool.

The thought of no freedom is enough for me to not want to commit a crime so these people must be just plain thick or unlucky.

What i would like to see is more community schemes and instead of jail make them work off the time.

The trouble with the prison service is they need to discourage repeat offenders

I completely agree. Why not more community schemes or efforts to prevent re-offending?

Though I think it says a lot about the standard of life and the social circumstances that people have when they don't mind going back to prison. Clearly they the disadvantages that seem obvious to us are not relevant to them.

Archived