Tom Cruise = Insane

Andy Swainston

you just want to ridicule everything and cant be open to new ideas and thinking!! you are so intolerant and it is such a shame as you could find out so much more about life and you could experience it to its full potential and discover new things and new angles and true happiness and spiritual enlightement. there is so much to be discovered and learned and all you would need is an open mind to learn and see the full truth such as me pretending to be a scientologist while i'm just a sockpuppet that was bored.

Sorry - at least I'm a better actor than Tom Cruise :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting article on Scientology in THE INDEPENDENT

You begin with a "free stress test" on the high street, which diagnosed me as unstable, depressed, nervous, irresponsible, self-critical and withdrawn. If you take the bait, you are then offered a session of "auditing" in which a Scientology "E-meter" (which a US judged once described as "of no proven usefulness") reveals to your Scientology counsellor just how bad you are. A system of intensive, and expensive, counselling called Dianetics will then purge you of "engrams" – undesirable thought patterns resulting from misdeeds in past lives.

How many people are Scientologists? Like everything to do with Scientology that's controversial. Last year it claimed 3.5 million members in the United States alone but independent sociologists said the true number was more like 55,000 people. There may be 100,000 worldwide.

Just who was L Ron Hubbard? The erstwhile pulp science fiction writer Lafayette Ron Hubbard claimed to have been an acclaimed explorer, a nuclear physicist and a war hero. He was none of those according to Russell Miller, author of a biography called Bare Faced Messiah. He dropped out of college with failing grades, never saw combat and had two bigamous marriages. An American judge once said Scientology mirrored Hubbard's schizophrenic and paranoid personality.

So is it a cult? Scientologists vehemently deny this. In the United States the Cult Awareness Network, which was for 20 years America's best-known source of information and advice on religious cults, thought so. But the Scientologists took so many legal cases against it that legal fees forced the Network into bankruptcy. Whereupon the rights to its name, logo and hotline number were bought by a Scientologist who continued the organisation, but now staffed by Scientologists.

Look, let's settle this once and for all. I am in fact the universal creator/ruler/god.

I've existed for ever and always will providing I don't get knocked down on the zebra crossing.

As for the human race, you can do whatever you want as frankly, I can't be arsed anymore..............

PS. My tip for next fruitcake religion to start up is Church Of The Unseeable Poodle. Got to be a winner. You can't see it so you can't prove it exists or not and it's fluffy.

There is nothing less crazy about Christianity or Islam when compared to Scientology. Belief in some god and a man performing miracles seems as far-fetched as the Scientology beliefs.

Christianity and Islam just have the mysteries of time and more believers on its side. But what is clear is that Scientology is just some sci-fi invention born out of the mind of Hubbard. It is therefore easier to see that it is just another barmy belief system. Though I think much of the issue with Scientology is that it is so new, strange, and clearly made-up that people question the sanity of its believers because its belief system and practices are so different from that of the main religions.

But there isn't anything wrong with ridiculing someone's belief system or in criticising religious belief.

There is nothing less crazy about Christianity or Islam when compared to Scientology. Belief in some god and a man performing miracles seems as far-fetched as the Scientology beliefs.

I'm not sure I agree entirely. Other religions' promises tend to be confined to metaphysical reward, whereas Scientology promises real, immediate rewards such as improving IQ through "tech", curing disease (70% of which are, apparently, psychosomatic), and making you a better person - this material reward in fact tends to be a prominant feature of fringe evangelical movements compared with established churches.

As such I would suggest that Scientologists are a bit more mental, or at least more gullible, because their expectations from their faith can conclusively be shown to be stupid.

Interesting article on Scientology in THE INDEPENDENT

You begin with a "free stress test" on the high street, which diagnosed me as unstable, depressed, nervous, irresponsible, self-critical and withdrawn.

I rarely get stopped by these sort of guys on the street or even JW's knocking at the door. When I do I basically agree that I might be interested but need to know a few more details, specifically about "fornication". I want to know about who with, how often, how many at a time etc etc. Well before long you are basically describing a full blown depraved Roman orgy including relatives, both sexes of all ages, animals etc etc but they normally have given up by then. As I do not wear a wedding ring, unless my kids or wife are around I usually start by explaining I am not married, can not get a girl friend and play with my self alot as I have this incredible urge and appetite and that consequently if there is nokkie on tap no questions asked they are the religeon for me.

I would recommend trying this next time they come calling

such as me pretending to be a scientologist while i'm just a sockpuppet that was bored.

Oh you cheeky wee scamp!

Oh come on - it was good fun :lol:

It was, and hats off to you, I'm just disappointed that you aren't a genuine scientologist... I'd hoped that this was one of those threads that lasts forever and becomes progressively more mental :(

such as me pretending to be a scientologist while i'm just a sockpuppet that was bored.

Oh you cheeky wee scamp!

Oh come on - it was good fun :lol:

No it wasn't - I checked some facts on their internet site and some of the stuff started to make sense. I'm giving half my money to Xenu from next week onwards.

And they've promised to cure my "psychosomatic" syphilis, too :unsure:

Archived