Tom Cruise = Insane

Andy Swainston

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it wasn't - I checked some facts on their internet site and some of the stuff started to make sense. I'm giving half my money to Xenu from next week onwards.

I have to admit, I wasn't engaged enough to actually get stuck in (VinnieK seemed to sum it up nicely :) but I spent a bit more time looking at Scientology. L. R. Hubbard's bio on Wikipedia is a cracking read if you have a spare few mins :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L_Ron_Hubbard

It's particularly great how they had to lock the article down on edits to stop Scientologists vandalising it. Those SPs can be such spoilsports.

Ve are not amused, nein:

Thomas Gandow, chief spokesman on religious cults for the German Protestant Church has compared Tom Cruise to the Nazi propaganda minister known as Joseph Goebbels, calling Cruise the “Goebbels of Scientology” and citing that Scientology is a “totalitarian organisation” whose actions are reminiscent of Nazi propaganda from the 1930s.

From another story:

Scientology is not recognized as a religion in Germany.

A Church of Scientology statement said the ministers were "completely out of step with the rest of the world".

The attempted ban is "a blatant attempt at justifying the on-going and never-ending discrimination against the Church of Scientology and its members in Germany," said the Church in a statement.

Tough luck - looks as if the folks in the Heimatland are more and more leaning towards banning this bunch of loonies - the quicker they shoot them back to whatever galaxy they came from, the better.

I do love the way these 'religions' always have a strong anti-criticism mindest built in - the others will attack us but we will win - it is all foretold or something similar.

To my mind, one of the critical factors/elements is the willingness to debate the 'way' openly and with confidence in a rational manner - viz not name calling and legal action left right and centre.

A Church of Scientology statement said the ministers were "completely out of step with the rest of the world".

How so?

edits for spelling, some attempt at punctuation etc - well it is Sunday......

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I know scientologist in a bit of a loony shocker, but even so, he really has gone full-on round the twist.

http://www.celebitchy.com/8603/tom_cruise_...uickly_removed/

Do we have any of those certifiable nutcases on the IOM? If so, can we burn them?

Yes there are a fair few of these nutjobs on the island

The ones i've met have been rather awful, rude people to deal with.

The cult should be banned. As L Ron Hubbard quoted from Orwell "the best way to make money is by starting a religion"

I see a post being deleted ^^

I opted for "careful editing" on this occasion :)

hehe, i'd say. i thought "huh, i missed part of that out"

good edit! :)

thought that info might not suffice around here.

thats what i get for answering questions eh.

Archived