[BBC News] Boy, 13, issued with first Asbo

Newsbot

Eh What !. Sgt Steve Goldsmith, what planet are you living on, "They change their behaviour and don't go on to commit further offences", F.F.S. If this little scrote has got to the point of being issued an ASBO, guaranteed he will offend again.

So confident am I that I bet any forum member, (or even Sgt Goldsmith ) £100.00 with the winner donating the money to the MSPCA, that he will commit another offence within the next 6 months. Any takers ?.

Eh What !. Sgt Steve Goldsmith, what planet are you living on, "They change their behaviour and don't go on to commit further offences", F.F.S. If this little scrote has got to the point of being issued an ASBO, guaranteed he will offend again.

So confident am I that I bet any forum member, (or even Sgt Goldsmith ) £100.00 with the winner donating the money to the MSPCA, that he will commit another offence within the next 6 months. Any takers ?.

Not going to argue with you there and I'd think that your moneys pretty safe.

IMO, respect seems to be losing it's touch these days and when he does eventually get locked up in a secure home, he'll be able to spend time playing computer games as a punishment?

I was always under the impression that psychiatrists and psychologists were able to tell if someone was a bad egg as a kid. If thats the case, then wouldn't it be prudent on tackling the brat early on, or giving the parents counseling sessions on how to raise a child?

Making him walk around town wearing a placard saying something like "I'm a hooligan" might work, but I'm sure that some do gooder would object as it might damage him? He's probably already classed as a victim of circumstances, but at the end of the day, it was HIS DECISION to commit the offence.

the only thing that is good enough for this little emmy award winner is a brick to the face. I'm all for bringing the birch back, ASBO's are a waste of time, as someone said on here they're just seen as a medal of honour. Birch definately the Birch, and take a layer of skin of the little c00unts arses.!

the only thing that is good enough for this little emmy award winner is a brick to the face. I'm all for bringing the birch back, ASBO's are a waste of time, as someone said on here they're just seen as a medal of honour. Birch definately the Birch, and take a layer of skin of the little c00unts arses.!

Right, coz having a load of red welts on your arse could never become a badge of honour...."Ehh y'fuckin' dickhead am well 'aaarrrder than you, I got biiirched 6 tiiimes t'day and 6 yes'day, y'fuckin' pussy. Am gonna kick y'head in coz am well 'aaarrd."

Aye but the arse tanning hurts a bit more than an asbo :) I think the idea is that they remember the pain and it deters them from commiting an offence again, maybe branding would get the message over.

I have advocated the use of the birch in the past - but only for acts of deliberate violence. And even then it would have to be used sparingly because, IMO, the threat of it was always a greater deterrent than its actual use.

As for today's kids having no appreciation of respect; well, its hardly a surprise when parents trip over themselves trying to make sure their little darlings have absolutely everything they could possibly want.

When things are acquired with no effort whatsoever, they have no value whatsoever. The kids quickly become bored with them, but know that they only have to ask for something else and their weak and pathetic parents will give it to them. For many kids, the first time they hear the phrase: "You can't do that" is when a policeman says it to them.

Finally, of course, there are the exceptions: the kids who have genuine learning/social problems and who, to avoid the mockery of their peers, try to show that they're harder or more 'streetwise' than the others.

The police and the courts do not, I believe, want to 'criminalise' these kids if it can be avoided, simply because it can put them on a downward path that they'll find it very hard to leave in later life. It is, all too often, the parents and/or the education system (please note that I'm not necessarily blaming individual schools or teachers who are often hindbound by the system) who lay the foundations for the troublesome and troubled youths.

Archived