Hot Chip

Dames Aflame

Anyone else catch Hot Chip on Jonathon Ross last night doing 'Ready for the Floor'? Goddamn, I'm totally obsessed with it now. Unavailable for download until the 28th --- must find a way to get ahold of it before then. Any suggestions?

Currently listening to it on youtube over and over (no hot chip pun intended) whilst the hubby divebombs me with his new model aircraft....

I thought the same thing and then I got dragged to a goldfrapp gig and they were supporting (my gf purposely didn't tell me they were supporting because she knew there was no chance I'd go) and they were actually pretty good live. Certainly better than Alison and her horse head dancers anyway. They've got a couple of tunes that are good, they could probably put together a decent album if the put them all together!

I thought the same thing and then I got dragged to a goldfrapp gig and they were supporting (my gf purposely didn't tell me they were supporting because she knew there was no chance I'd go) and they were actually pretty good live. Certainly better than Alison and her horse head dancers anyway. They've got a couple of tunes that are good, they could probably put together a decent album if the put them all together!

Seen the teaser for the new goldfrapp stuff:

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

Quite a departure.

I must say, this is one of the rare occasions where I think the live version on Jonathon Ross' show was much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm diggin the recorded version, but it sounds very 'produced' ---- the live one had so much more energy.

They must be fantastic live ----- haven't had the pleasure in person, but I've seen a few different live performances on tv before Jonathon Ross and they really give it their all....

• 4 weeks later...
I must say, this is one of the rare occasions where I think the live version on Jonathon Ross' show was much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm diggin the recorded version, but it sounds very 'produced' ---- the live one had so much more energy.

They must be fantastic live ----- haven't had the pleasure in person, but I've seen a few different live performances on tv before Jonathon Ross and they really give it their all....

seen them live a few times and must say they are getting better and better - they're headling the other stage at this years glastonbury so will need to!

i'm off to see them at brixton in a couple of weeks :)

I saw them at last years Glasto (on the telly) they were brilliant. That performance is what sparked me into getting some of their stuff. Would definately be a good band to see live. Reminds me of some of the mid 90's alternative dance groups like Leftfield, Orbital and Chem Brothers. All really good live dance music.

Archived